Review by Kushina_2 -- The Raven's Trail (Book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kushina_2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kushina-2.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by Kushina_2 -- The Raven's Trail (Book 1)

Post by Kushina_2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Raven's Trail (Book 1)" by Liz D. Marx.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Raven’s Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx is the first book in its series. It follows the story of two individuals Chloe and Mason bound by fate and history. Chloe is a young and budding archaeologist who has experienced mysterious dreams about a Native American tribe ever since her childhood and so has been deeply intrigued by the Native American culture. Mason, on the other hand, is an antique dealer with an uncanny past. One day, Chloe lands upon this ancient relic that behaves in a peculiar way with her touch. Destined to uncover the secrets of the ancient relic, Chloe sets off on a mission where she bumps into Mason, the mysterious and handsome antique dealer. Both, Chloe and Mason are strongly attracted towards one another though they don’t know exactly why and what lies ahead is a plot packed with romance, adventure, thrill and a lot of magic!

The book caught my interest from the very beginning. The author beautifully describes the setting of the events and the characters. The romance that develops between Chloe and Mason is paced very well even in a short duration of time. The mesmerising portrayal of magic and the secrets of the ancient tribe engulf you as you read through the chapters. Other characters that bind the whole story together are portrayed very well.

What I liked most: I was completely engrossed by the adventure packed plot that had romance beautifully woven into it. The romance is so soft and subtle which is perfect for the setting and the events that occur. I also really enjoyed the light humorous spats between Chloe and Mason! Liz D. Marx takes the plot into more depth as she introduces the reader to vocabulary from the ancient Native American Tribe’s language such as ‘Dai-mo’ and ‘Uwetsi’.

There are certain events set about 200 years ago which transition very smoothly to the present. The way the characters feel is written in an amazing manner. The book is also very well edited and so I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I loved the protagonists and I’m curious what happens next so I look forward to reading the next part!

This book is a great read for young adults who are romance and adventure fans! The book uses some mild profanity and there are certain events and action parts that might be disturbing or gruesome so I would not recommend this book for children under the age of 13.

The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

This seems like such an engaging book with an interesting plot! Great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”