Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
grover9341
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Voyager</a>
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grover9341.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz

Post by grover9341 »

Hello romance lovers!

While I read many different romance authors, Amanda Quick is one of my all-time favorites! I love her mix of paranormal, mystery and romance in her Arcane Society series. I also find it unique how she mixes it up by having that series based in Victorian England, writing as Amanda Quick, in present day as Jayne Ann Krentz and even crossing into fantasy as Jayne Castle.

Her newest series, the Ladies of Lantern Street, is just as great! I am anxiously awaiting a new one in this series!

What do you think? I would love to her from other Amanda Quick fans.
KLyons1
Favorite Author: Many
Favorite Book: See Favorite Author
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klyons1.html
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith

Post by KLyons1 »

I am a longtime fan, whatever name she writes under ;)

I just read and enjoyed River Road, which is contemporary so under the Krentz identity, but I don't know when the next Amanda Quick is scheduled for publication.
Amsha
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsha.html
Latest Review: "Trophy Target" by Allen Mitchum

Post by Amsha »

KLyons1 wrote:I am a longtime fan, whatever name she writes under ;)

I just read and enjoyed River Road, which is contemporary so under the Krentz identity, but I don't know when the next Amanda Quick is scheduled for publication.
me too, I'm a long time fan since I'm in high school. I've read her Mistress and Mystique and Ravish and Rendezvous and probably most of her works as Amanda Quick. I have yet to read her contemporary works and I'm sure its fantastic too.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

-George R.R. Martin
Latest Review: "Trophy Target" by Allen Mitchum
KLyons1
Favorite Author: Many
Favorite Book: See Favorite Author
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klyons1.html

Post by KLyons1 »

Her style is very similar, and the interactions between characters are as well - she's an author I feel safe in saying that if you like one series/setting, then the odds are very good that you'll like the others that she does. And that means so many more books for you to look forward to ;)
LadyDi6259
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladydi6259.html

Post by LadyDi6259 »

Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite authors. Her way of intertwining past as Amanda Quick, present as Jayne Krantz and the future as Jayne Castle is masterful. I originally started reading her as Amanda and enjoyed the different series she wrote. Later when I discovered she wrote under other names, I went to the library to find them. This latest Arcane series is great. I can't wait until her next book to see what happens to the characters. I do wish she'd get back to the Jones Family. But I will read anything with her name(s) on it
jechamer
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jechamer.html
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey

Post by jechamer »

I discovered her just in the last year and I enjoy her books - been reading the Arcane series and continuing it as it goes into the Harmony series. I have hard time keeping the order straight as it goes through her various names.
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey
lizyorick
Currently Reading:

Post by lizyorick »

My favorite series from Krentz is the arcane series although truth be told I quite enjoy her Rainshadow series as well. I love how she adds just a bit of the paranormal to her different series. I haven't read all of her books/ series but the many I have read I have really enjoyed.
Enijmas
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enijmas.html

Post by Enijmas »

I love each of the families she'd created, and how they are interconnected. The ideal world. And the dreamy male characters. (:
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I prefer her writing under he name Jayne Ann Krentz as I prefer contemporary romance to historical. Great author.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
Morgan_M
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-m.html

Post by Morgan_M »

I am a huge fan of Jayne Ann Krentz as a contemporary romance author. I really enjoy how her characters develop. Her books/series are typically always a good read.
Melanie_Page
Favorite Book: All of them
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melanie-page.html
Latest Review: "The Serpent Beguiled Eve" by Acacia Slaton

Post by Melanie_Page »

I have read a lot of her stuff, both as Krentz and as Quick. I tried one Jayne Castle and it just did not appeal, even though i generally like sci fi. I really like the eclipse bay series.
Latest Review: "The Serpent Beguiled Eve" by Acacia Slaton
Tilila_bee
Currently Reading: Love at first roar
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tilila-bee.html

Post by Tilila_bee »

I love Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle. In fact, I am anxiously awaiting her next book that is coming out next month for her Rain Shadow series. She has great characters, good stories, and the humor that she incorporates into her books always makes me chuckle.
Amose13
Currently Reading: Dragonfly in Amber
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amose13.html
Latest Review: "Jungle Paradise" by A N King

Post by Amose13 »

I love her books! I've read (and listened to on audio-book) a good number of her books. I love how her characters are so wonderfully imperfect. The Amanda Quick books were some of the first romance novels I read that had story lines that were drenched in mystery and intrigue. I was seriously hooked!! I'm a fan of the mystery/thriller elements entangled with the romance. She does it so well! Her futuristic books are well done, but less of my style. The contemporary and the historical do it for me every time!! I scour the shelves at the library to find titles I haven't read! :)
Latest Review: "Jungle Paradise" by A N King
Slip_up
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slip-up.html

Post by Slip_up »

I've been reading Jayne Ann Krentz for years. I've bought almost all her books for a second time on digital so I can read them whenever the mood strikes me.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Krentz is one of my favorite romance authors-I like the paranormal element she often uses. I haven't read much of her books as Amanda Quick as historical romances are not normally my genre.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”