Official Review: Gimble Spy by Tayma Tameem

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Re: Official Review: Gimble Spy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I wonder how Hailie and Davin will be able to sort out their relationship. I’m also curious whether technology can fix their marriage or further destroy it.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

This is an interesting book because of the use of technology in a relationship. I think that the author constantly asks the reader to examine how much technology is too much and what kinds of effects it has on a relationship. I also like that the plot was realistic if somewhat predictable because it allows the reader to connect with the characters better since they see themselves in Davin and Hallie.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Gimble Spy' by Tayma Tameem is an entertaining piece of work! I loved to read the reactions to the book provided by the reviewer! The point that the author has addressed several important topics throughout the book is worth mentioning in the review! The element of humor in the story as mentioned in the review is appreciable for me! The review is full of positivity and hope for readers!
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

A story of romance mixed with drama. It presents the story of a couple facing problems in their marriage. She investigates his alleged infidelity. It seems like an entertaining read for lovers of romance. It also contains various aspects associated with technology.
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Trapped in Pairadice
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Creole »

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave..." Romantic relationships are so fraught with complexities. I'd really love to find out how Hailie and Davin work through their challenges. Your awesome review piqued my interest.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

Your review was very interesting to read and as I'm familiar with the author's work I look forward to reading this.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book sounds interesting. This is not the first book of this author that was chosen for the BOTD and like the other books this one seems well written, full of events and intriguing. I like romance so it will be interesting to read about Hailie and Gavin's relationship and figure out whether they finally resolve their problems and what will happen to them. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
kimoy13
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimoy13.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kimoy13 »

I truly love Tayma Tameem's novels. They are all beautifully written and well edited. In Gimble Spy, the read is taken on a romantic journey of a couple that at first are in love and then engage in a sort of "lovers' war". The two people are playing games on each other and the trust that exists between them diminishes as the novel goes on.

Several issues are explored in this book such as the role of technology and social media in influencing one's actions and beliefs. The harmful effect of technology on romantic relationship's is also examined. The long-term effects of physical and mental abuse are also revealed.

Persons who enjoy reading romance novels will certainly enjoy this novel. It is to be borne in mind however that there is some profanity. As such, younger readers ought not to read this one.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

The review has me interested. This is not the type of book I would usually read but this one sounds pretty good. Using technology to spy on your spouse would make for an interesting story.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

A wife, who suspects her husband is unfaithful, sets up a computer to spy on him. What will happen when he discovers her plan? Congratulations to Tayma Tameem for writing another great story chosen as BOTD. Thanks to the reviewer for your interesting review.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

It will be great reading on how technology can be used to fight infidelity. Great review.
Noilaus
Currently Reading: Russia Hoax
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noilaus.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Post by Noilaus »

I'm interested in knowing how technology became a double-edged sword in this marriage, thus I'll give it a read. Thanks for the informative review.
WE BELIEVE IN EXCELLENCE.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book seems to bring a romance story with an interesting couple. They both seem to have some knowledge about technology, its own perks and downsides. I don't think that this is my type of book, but congrats on BOTD for the author! Thanks for the informative review! Great work.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

What an interesting review! I already want to read the book thanks to you. Using technology to expose a cheating spouse and ending up in a web sounds intriguing. Tayma Tameem's writing is exceptional and I can't wait to read this book too.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

This romance novel is definitely a nice read. I like it that the book is well written, and the author has also done a good job with character development. However, I'm not a fan of this genre. Otherwise, congrats on the BOTD.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”