Review by Sarrikoziol -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Review by Sarrikoziol -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Sarrikoziol »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Official Review of "Yesterday: A Novel of Reincarnation by Samyann Curtis
Yesterday: A Novel of Reincarnation by Samyann Curtis is a compelling romance novel centered around two people. However, the book had several characters adding to the dynamic of the story. Yesterday: A Novel of Reincarnation ponders the questions of religion but deeply explores those of reincarnation.

Amanda Parker has had a life full of tragedy and loss. She finds herself admiring a police officer upon a horse one morning when chaos erupts. Without much thought to her safety, she rushes in and rescues Mark Callahan, a horse riding Chicago police officer. Amid the chaos, they found themselves pondering how they know the other. After several meetings and conversations, Mark and Amanda figure they might find some answers to the questions they have by exploring their past lives. With the aid of her aunt Mary, Amanda begins her journey. Will they find out how they know each other?

While the storyline is about Amanda Parker and Mark Callahan, they have an array of supporting characters. Oprah, the black cat with emerald green eyes. Mary Axelrod, Amanda's aunt, is one of my favorite characters in this story. She is witty and brings a lightheartedness to the tale. The tea-drinking aunt does everything in her power to keep these two on the right path. Her funny wit brought me to belly rolls at times. Mary Axelrod is a fantastic supporting character throughout this whole tale.

Samyann did a fantastic job with this storyline. The journey Amanda takes made me feel like I was right there with her as she travels through her past life during the Civil War and the Great Fire of Chicago in 1871. The author was very detailed in his descriptions of his characters. It was easy to get caught up and follow along. Samyann makes you think and feel how these characters are trying to cope with everything they are feeling, learning, and seeing. Writing the lives of several different and contrasting characters in the third person is not always an easy task; however, Samyann pulled it off.

There was only one spot in the book where I found myself questioning what was happening. There was a premature mention of a missing child. The jump in the storyline left me in the mud for a few pages. I did not find any grammatical errors; therefore, Yesterday" A Novel of Reincarnation by Samyann Curtis underwent professional editing.

I am awarding this book four out of four stars. I enjoyed getting to know Amanda and Mark, Mary, Oprah, and the people in their past lives. The book had fantastic storylines from different angles and characters. There was some foul language, sexual innuendos, sexual scenes and references, and quite a bit of alcohol usage; therefore, I would recommend it as a book for adults. I did not find the foul language overly used, harsh, or taking away from the story in any way.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”