Official Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Inter...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Official Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Inter...

Post by Tayejim1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest)" by Mr.Bigmann Grier.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the most weighty decisions in life is the selection of a life partner. Picking the right person can mean a lifetime of bliss. On the other hand, ending up with the wrong person can mean a lifetime of sorrow. What qualities should you look out for in a prospective mate? Manning Up: Poesy Essays of Women's Interest by Bigmann Grier provides the answer.

This book is a collection of poetic essays. The essays deal with different aspects of romantic relationships. There are about 71 essays under a variety of themes. Some essays focus on desirable qualities in women, while others focus on qualities in men. All the essays are grouped into five sections. They address issues that are related to integrity, sincerity, infatuation, fidelity, maturity, romance, intimacy, and so on. The concluding section focuses on sexual intimacy.

The essay I love most is Mature Woman. It describes how a mature woman would view her man. Is she a competitor or a dictator? The answer lies in the pages of Manning Up. Some feel that marriage is a curse rather than a blessing. They would rather remain single than be with a partner. The essay titled Harmony sheds light on this issue, and I wholeheartedly agree with the author's view. The essays in this book are nothing short of beautiful. They reveal the author's depth of experience. Although the essays are poetic, most of them are easy to understand. The sentences are simple and short.

This book is educative and informative. Some of my favorite quotes from the book are 'some issues can and should be forgotten under certain circumstances' and 'being confused and unknowledgeable are positions that a man should never have to endure.'

However, some of the essays had strong poetic language. This made it a bit difficult to read without confusion. An excerpt from the author's discourse is 'Mr. Bigmann encourages every man and woman to effort fully aspire the same devotional odyssey for their true freedom.' The meaning was totally lost on me. At times, the absence of commas and full stops affected the flow of words. This is what I disliked about this book. Also, there is a constant repetition of the author's name after each essay's title. I think this is unnecessary, as the book would be just fine without this.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. There should be a way to organize phrases to enhance readability in the essays. There were some typographical errors in the text as well. This book is inappropriate for sensitive readers. It contains erotic scenes. I would recommend this book to lovers of poems and to those who wish to learn more about romantic relationships.

Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest)
View: on Bookshelves
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I enjoy poetry and, therefore, might enjoy giving this one a read. Thanks for your great review!
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Despite some of the entries getting lost in translation, the majority of the book sounds informative and relatable to those looking for a suitable partner. Thanks for the enthralling review!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I don't normally enjoy poems, but with your insightful review, I may give this book a try. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

The book is not very appealing to me, but you review is very thorough and detailed. Great job!
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

The topic and subject matter is of great importance. Thanks for an insightful review.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

I haven't read a romantic book in a long while. I'm glad you got something from your reading. Thanks for such a detailed review!
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

After reading this review I found that this is a story about the selection and choice of life partner for whole life. I agreed with points given in the review that the choice of a good person as a life partner lead you to the right path and make you successful. But on the other hand the choice of wrong person leads you to the wrong way throughout your life. you have done a great job by doing this review and thanks for it.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”