Review by Reneemccorry -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reneemccorry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneemccorry.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by Reneemccorry -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Reneemccorry »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love transcends time in this breathtaking story of a love that will not die. After mourning over her fiancés death, Amanda decides that love is not worth the pain. However, when she sees a train falling from its tracks, she cannot turn away from the mount police officer who was just thrown from his horse. The heroic woman runs into danger and saves the police officer’s life. But when she looks into his eyes, she knows they have met before. Mark is besotted the moment he rolls of the sidewalk and sees the beautiful blue-eyed woman who just saved him from certain death. Although Amanda attempts to resist his charms, Mark refuses to give up. He knows this woman from somewhere and is determined to use his police skills to find out how, or rather from when.

Yesterday by Samyann is a heartwarming tale that takes the reader from modern day Chicago to the beginning of the American civil war in South Carolina, to the horrors of the great Chicago fire of 1871. The author weaves a tale connecting the two lovers and includes intrigue, past life regression, heartache and bonds that cannot be broken. The historical accuracy is very good. It is clear the author did her research.

This book captured my attention from the first chapter to the last. I could not put it down. The characters are realistic and quirky. Aunt Mary has a way with words that breaks any tense moment. The relationship Bonnie has with her father’s slaves is shown through the eyes of a six-year-old. The arrangement is different from the stereotypical slave/slave owner relationship but is fully believable. Samyann has a way of making the characters come to life right off the pages. I loved the entire story.

I only had one issue with this book. I disliked that there were times I had to re-read a sentence or two to catch up to the discussions. The story contains a lot of dialog and I believe the book could have been better formatted for these conversations. There were no grammatical errors found. There are two instances of light profanity found. The sex scenes were mild and kept at the level of kissing and petting. The lover’s physical relationship was implied and left up to the readers imagination.

This book was enchanting, and I give it 4 out 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone interested in the romance genre, timeless love stories and historical romance. Young adult to seasoned romance readers will enjoy this book.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Mvictoria
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvictoria.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge by David W. Scheer

Post by Mvictoria »

This does sound like a fantastic love story! I’m glad the author used well-developed characters to further the plot and I’m intrigued by the past lives the characters may have lived!
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

Fantastic story this book is. I loved how descriptive your review is. Thank you for an amazing job

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”