Review by Orizon -- First Love by Momi Robins

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review by Orizon -- First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "First Love" by Momi Robins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When love is skewed from a painful experience, it might not achieve its purpose. First Love by Momi Robins-Makaila is the first book in the series, The Love of a Good Woman. This novel tells a real story of struggle, strength, and gratefulness.

Paige, a young struggling Christian woman from an abusive home, had experiences that filled her mind with fear, hatred, and indecisiveness. She was in love with two men, Lance Bishop and Jason Beckett, and one of them seemed to love her more but was late in professing his love for her. She started a relationship with Jason and got pregnant. Jason accepted the responsibility of the pregnancy and married her. However, Jason had a heart attack resulting in intracerebral Hemorrhagic Stroke (an Aneurysm), among other tragedies that occurred in Paige's life. She became devastated and lonely, and two years after, she tried getting in touch with Lance Bishop, her first love. But was she the same person that Lance Bishop once loved? Is there a second chance in true love? Read this novel to discover.

Unlike most novels today, First Love has a pro-life standard. Everything flows together nicely, it is easy to understand Paige and her life, and the hypothetical picture that life gives us second chances is impressive. Also, the book highlighted the importance of social media, religion, personal journals, and records.

Everything about this book is topnotch; the apt writing, the use of new vocabulary, and the excellent portrayal of characters are fantastic. Also, the book has an unpredictable ending that I love immensely. Also, I appreciate how teens' true nature was explored in Paige's character. This will help in connecting with Christian teenage readers. My favorite part of the book revolves around Paige's regular use of the book of Psalms and the "10QJZS" (Thank You Jesus). As a Christian, I can relate to these passages and the importance of the Cross.

Some of the things I least love about First Love are the unnecessary vulgar words used and the ending part of Isabel’s character that was not clear. Also, there were inadequate history settings; for example, there was no year, month stipulated, or proper geographical narration in the storyline.

Although I found a few errors that do not distract my reading experience, the book was professionally edited. Therefore, I rate First Love 4 out of 4 stars. For those who enjoy Christian memoirs, you will love this book. Also, readers that are battling with emotional traumas and rejections may find comfort in this book.

First Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

I patiently read this review and never wanted it to come to an end. I would perhaps add this book to my bookshelf. What an interesting review and this wouldn't have been possible if the novel wasn't interesting and mind captivating. Thanks for the review
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

Amazing review. It’s been a while I read a Christian memoir. I would definitely check this book out.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I read and enjoyed this book too. I found the plot really interesting with many unexpected twists and turns. I was also very pleasantly surprised by the ending. Thank you for a great review.
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by maxiphemmax »

I love book on love, and the one that give small resemblance of a true story. Good job on the review. Would try check this out.
eternity84
Currently Reading: Followers of Lightning
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by eternity84 »

Interesting novel with a well articulated review. Keep it up
Veraok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veraok.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Veraok »

I think my love for chrismas memoir , would make me want to read this book. Well written review.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

Love cover a multitude of evil so says the good book. Paige love for two men might be the beginning of her woes. We must be assured we truly love before accepting marriage proposal.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I have read this book and what I have found the most interesting was the true meaning of First Love. Great review!
Ivy-g
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ivy-g »

This book is gonna be a blast. The review was so looking like I was reading the main book.. Keep up the writings.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”