Review by Luna 24 -- Days Passed by Mcentry Dunbar II

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luna 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luna-24.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Review by Luna 24 -- Days Passed by Mcentry Dunbar II

Post by Luna 24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Days Passed" by Mcentry Dunbar II.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Days Passed is a pleasing novel of the romance genre. The story is about two childhood best friends Brittany and Tony, who were together since forever. Brittany is a friendly and easy-going girl from a wealthy family. Tony is a clever and quite person from a normal family. Right before the start of High School, Brittany and Tony started dating and had wonderful days of their lives. But due to the unfortunate turn of events, Brittany and Tony got separated and gone in different directions. When they met after years, a lot has changed in their lives since the last time they were together.

The author McEntry Dunbar II has narrated the story in a way, that supports the character’s feelings instead of being judgmental. Like how Brittany made her own life miserable because of her actions, due to depression. The author made me feel sad for her, rather than judging her. The reserved kind of person Brittany had become, after the unexpected departure of Tony was relatable. Jimmy’s advice for Tony on the “Immovable Objects” was wonderful.

The start of the story was good, but it got a little bored and did not capture my attention in the middle parts. Towards the end, it was interesting with the turn of events. When I read the book description, I thought it is about the love story between Brittany and Tony, but that is not what happened. The quote at the start “…on the need to stop and understand your fellow man before jumping straight to condemnation”, made me feel promising about the story but I never felt that way anywhere while reading. Since this book is first part of the series, I hope the left out things will be covered in the next part.

I liked how Jerico helps Tony in buying the ring for Brittany. Jerico’s good speech really kicked off Tony’s relationship with Brittany. The way Tony made a decision that changed his career in an unexpected way, felt real because he has seen the damages happened in his father’s life. I also feel like all the characters were given enough space, to know about them individually. Brittany’s mother Miranda and Eva are my favorite characters.

I find the book as well-edited one and I don’t find any errors that disturbed my reading. So I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I could not give full stars since it wasn’t so engaging. I would recommend this book to readers who like a light romance genre. And I would definitely give a read of the next part of this book, to know how things have fallen into places.

Days Passed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”