Official Review: Honesty is Key by Tayma Tameem

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Memory Thieves by Tayma Tameem

Official Review: Honesty is Key by Tayma Tameem

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Honesty is Key" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Honesty is Key: The Magic Ingredient by Tayma Tameem is a story centered around two people: Atlas, an actor with a failed career who ventured into a TV show as a chef, and Selina, his producer. Atlas had lied about being an excellent cook, which got him into the TV show. But he later realized that what people loved was not his culinary skills but his honesty and ability to be himself. What would become of his career and relationship if he spilled the beans?

The author did an excellent job with characterization. She managed to create fictional characters the way they would exist in real life. For instance, Atlas was a know-it-all. He felt he could get whatever he wanted by cheating his way through. His unique personality trait was confidence; he believed that he could do anything. On the other hand, Selina was an independent lady who worked very hard to be where she was. She was always bossy; that was how she got by. She was also cold to feelings or at least too scared to admit she had one.

The author's straightforward and descriptive style was terrific and quite commendable. This was how she described Selina:
When she came in, she looked radiant. It was a hot, summer's day outside and she had on a sleeveless, floaty long dress, a big floppy hat and a pair of sunglasses. She had a straw bag casually thrown over her shoulder, and on her feet were gold sandals. He noticed that her toenails were painted, and that the slight tan she had caught flattered her complexion and made her look even more beautiful.
When it came to the ingredients and the process involved in preparing the dishes, she was also very descriptive. She showcased her writing prowess in this book. However, what I liked most was how the narrative freely flowed. She knew the terminologies to use that wouldn't confuse a layperson unfamiliar with culinary jargon.

I learned great lessons from the life of Atlas. As the sequence of events progressed, the author used Atlas' fictional life to communicate hope and encouragement. I learned again that no matter how bad someone's beginning was, they would succeed if they kept improving.

The author's occasional use of comedy provided a little relief from the book's emotional pressure and mood. It somehow kept the tone of the book balanced.

I found a few errors in the book; they were barely noticeable and didn't affect how much I enjoyed it. I'd give it four out of four stars because it was exceptionally written and professionally edited. It would be an excellent book for anyone who enjoys a light emotional story with a touch of humor. The profanity level was minimal. Therefore, younger folks could also enjoy it.
https://alkeytab.com/ebook/honesty-is-key/

Honesty is Key
View: on Bookshelves

Nqobile771
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Spanish Flu vs Covid-19, which is the worst pandemic? by Farzana Prior

Post by Nqobile771 »

I hope Atlas came clean and was warmly accepted. Thanks for the review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Drianie »

The cover of the book immediately caught my attention. Thanks to your review, the premise and characters make it sound like it would be an interesting read. Thank you for the recommendation!

Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

He would have to spill the beans eventually. That's what honesty says. Thanks for this review!

sssns
Currently Reading: Of Zots and Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sssns.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by sssns »

It is good to know that the culinary terms used were layperson-friendly. I could learn a thing or two. Nice review. Thanks!

HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Superbugs by Tayma Tameem

Post by HannahsReads »

This sounds like a great book, perfect for fans of the Food Network! Thanks for an interesting review.

Aroojkhan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aroojkhan »

I wish that everyone should get the lesson from this. Nowadays it is very common thing go cheat on others but not for too long.

Tarilan
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Tarilan »

The book seems to portray so many emotions. Humor on the other hand is my thing. I want to read the book. Great review.

Tarilan
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Tarilan »

The book seems to portray so many emotions. Humor on the other hand is my thing. I want to read the book. Great review.

Jaci-Vera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jaci-Vera »

Love can really change someone
What a great book.

Naomey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomey.html
Latest Review: The Unborn by Tayma Tameem

Post by Naomey »

The author's skillful use of comedy occasionally and vivid descriptions, surely makes it a good book to read. Great review!

Salma selim
Currently Reading: Honesty is Key
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Salma selim »

I'm currently reading it and i really like the humor in it and the how descriptive she is in the food. Great review.
Last edited by Salma selim on 18 Oct 2020, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

Luluwa79
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Luluwa79 »

i love the author's descriptive style as it let readers understand the story line easily. I love this book as it's an exception to all the romance novels i've read so far.
Awesome review.

Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60

Post by Ogbara »

It sounds like a good fictional story of Hope. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”