Official Review: The Academy Saga by CJ Daly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Official Review: The Academy Saga by CJ Daly

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Academy Saga" by CJ Daly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Katherine Conelly’s life revolves around taking care of her brothers, doing all the household chores, working at the diner, taking care of the animals, school, and church. After her mother died, she was forced to take the place of the motherly figure in their family. Forced to carry the burdens that no teenager should bear, she knew better than to ask something for herself. Everything changed when Pete came barreling down her life, getting too close to her while trying to ship her brother off to his academy that is exactly what her mother warned her of. She just has to remember that he’s the enemy. Shouldn’t be too difficult, right?

The first thing I took note of while reading this is how easy it was to read it. The writing sucked me in right from the beginning and made me stay until the end. The author, CJ Daly, was very descriptive in her narrative that reading the words automatically conjured up an image into my mind without trying too hard. I love how detailed it is and how even the minuscule things were included yet it never became too much.

Kate was not perfect. She has a fiery temper, she’s immature, a crier, and sometimes impulsive. These traits show us how young she still is despite the fact that her strength matches those that have lived for decades. My favorite part of this book is Mikey. He’s too adorable not to love.

The pace of the book can be a bit slow, but it’s exactly the type of pace that doesn’t let you go until you’ve read every last word of the book. I also liked the different titles before every chapter. Books with titles for its chapters are rare nowadays which is sad because it adds up to the charm.

I didn’t find anything that I didn’t like in this book. The romance between Kate and Pete was well done. The angst and cheesy moments were just the right amounts. There was also a hint of a possibility in the ending that had me so intrigued that I couldn’t wait to pick up the next book. I would recommend this to readers of young adult, fantasy, and romance books.

Although I found a few errors, I would still say this book was professionally edited. I’m giving The Academy Saga 4 out of 4 stars. I immensely enjoyed it, and I really loved the time that I spent reading it.

The Academy Saga
View: on Bookshelves
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

Wow.. such a nice novel. The author did not make the main character perfect but also mentioned her imperfections.
Unlike some romance novels nowadays, we get to learn motherly roles kate played..
Thanks for the review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

Sounds like a great novel. I love books that are easy to read and has a detailed writing style.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

Is Pete really an enemy? Well, I'm just thinking out loud. I'll find out by reading this beautiful book.
itsjess253
Currently Reading: CAP & Gown
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by itsjess253 »

Your review is wonderful, and I wholeheartedly agree. CJ Daly did a phenomenal job of creating characters that you care about almost instantly. And I am so excited to get to Book ll in the series! I just finished Book l and I am anxiously (not so patiently) waiting on my copy of Book ll to be delivered TODAY by Amazon :)
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

Given that Kate is a teenager when she takes up the role of looking after her brothers and doing other jobs, Daly recognises the fact that she is human and breaks down atimes.
TiagoTrigo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TiagoTrigo »

"The first thing I took note of while reading this is how easy it was to read it. The writing sucked me in right from the beginning and made me stay until the end."

I couldn't agree more! It was one of the most immersive books I have ever read and I was unable to put it aside for one single minute.

The second one is as good as the first and I can't wait for a third :)
Gracecovers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Gracecovers »

Well if I thought great books did not exist anymore,I was ignorant.Your review is so wonderful and has easily made me purchase the book -from the first one to the second one.I cannot wait to get my hands on it.🤩🤩
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Gracecovers wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 23:50 Well if I thought great books did not exist anymore,I was ignorant.Your review is so wonderful and has easily made me purchase the book -from the first one to the second one.I cannot wait to get my hands on it.🤩🤩
I'm so glad!! Enjoy 😊
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:

TiagoTrigo wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 15:13 "The first thing I took note of while reading this is how easy it was to read it. The writing sucked me in right from the beginning and made me stay until the end."

I couldn't agree more! It was one of the most immersive books I have ever read and I was unable to put it aside for one single minute.

The second one is as good as the first and I can't wait for a third :)
I'm so jealous!! I haven't read the second one yet and i've been really wanting to 🥺
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:

Tablito wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 03:03 Given that Kate is a teenager when she takes up the role of looking after her brothers and doing other jobs, Daly recognises the fact that she is human and breaks down atimes.
Yes and she has the right to break down given what she has to go through every day
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:

itsjess253 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 10:59 Your review is wonderful, and I wholeheartedly agree. CJ Daly did a phenomenal job of creating characters that you care about almost instantly. And I am so excited to get to Book ll in the series! I just finished Book l and I am anxiously (not so patiently) waiting on my copy of Book ll to be delivered TODAY by Amazon :)
I can't wait to read the next one too! Enjoy reading!!
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

Writers who can suck readers right into the story with their writing style are so amazing! I also love characters that are not perfect and have a chance to grow throughout a story. Thank you for reviwing this great story with such finesse. Enjoyed reading your review!
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:

SamaylaM wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 00:52 Writers who can suck readers right into the story with their writing style are so amazing! I also love characters that are not perfect and have a chance to grow throughout a story. Thank you for reviwing this great story with such finesse. Enjoyed reading your review!
Yes! It was so long yet I finished it within two days even with school right now.
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

This sounds like an emotional but fun teen romance! Thanks for your description of Kate; she seems like an engaging character.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”