Lora Leigh - if you dare!

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leahhamblen
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leahhamblen.html

Lora Leigh - if you dare!

Post by Leahhamblen »

Lora's Breed Series is incredibly intense. An engineered race (human and animal) that is fighting for freedom from cages and unspeakable cruelty. The Breeds are hard, cold and don't trust easily. Each book is not only their love story but their personal fight for freedom and/or integration and acceptance in the human world. Some of these stories can bring a tear to your eye. The powerful characters made the very sexually explicit sex scenes tolerable.
Aixa Miller
Currently Reading: Wicked Designs
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aixa-miller.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Aixa Miller »

Thanks for the mini review. I have a bunch of her stories on my e-reader but never the courage to actually sit down and read them :)
jechamer
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jechamer.html
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey

Post by jechamer »

I agree Lora Leigh's books are great. Some of the books can be hard to read because they show the worst of mankind, but there's also the best of us as well.
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey
Lovely_Ink
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-ink.html
Latest Review: "Olympian Passion" by Andrya Bailey

Post by Lovely_Ink »

I was very skeptical about these books. I was never into mythical creatures or sci-fi or anything other than romance between two real people.... And then I read the first book in the series! I am now hooked. Lora Leigh is an excellent story teller and despite the makeup/origin of these breeds the stories are intriguing and very hot.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I have read a lot of her books. The only thing I didn't really care for was that they seemed really predictable as far as the couple the story was about. The story lines of her stories are great though!
momlovesbooks039
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks039.html
Reading Device: B00OQVZDJM

Post by momlovesbooks039 »

I love Lora Leigh as an author I have read must of her books and will be reading this one ;)
arobinson214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arobinson214.html

Post by arobinson214 »

I couldn't enjoy Lora Leigh's Breed series. I was almost never fond of the heroine and there was a certain loss of free will in the Breed mating that I found distasteful. I don't think it had much to do with the characters themselves as much as the biology; biting your mate meant releasing pheromones or drugs into their bloodstream that made them more susceptible. I really didn't like that aspect of the mating and so I could never support it the way I wanted to. Maybe it's just my preference, but when the opposite person has the freedom to walk away but chooses to stay instead, just makes it more powerful to me.
InconstantMoon
Favorite Author: Meg Cabot
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inconstantmoon.html
fav_author_id: 2593

Post by InconstantMoon »

I love love love the Breed series! Even though there are like 25 of them now, I still buy them when they come out. I agree that they can be very emotional at times, but the sex scenes don't bother me at all, even though they are more intense than even other erotica novels I've read.

All of this to say, I love Lora Leigh. I haven't ventured outside the world of the breeds, but perhaps I will soon.

-- 16 Feb 2014, 08:39 --
arobinson214 wrote:I couldn't enjoy Lora Leigh's Breed series. I was almost never fond of the heroine and there was a certain loss of free will in the Breed mating that I found distasteful. I don't think it had much to do with the characters themselves as much as the biology; biting your mate meant releasing pheromones or drugs into their bloodstream that made them more susceptible. I really didn't like that aspect of the mating and so I could never support it the way I wanted to. Maybe it's just my preference, but when the opposite person has the freedom to walk away but chooses to stay instead, just makes it more powerful to me.
I think the lack of free will is what makes it interesting. I think the reason it's acceptable in my eyes is because I never feel like someone in the couple was legitimately against the mating or their mate. I haven't run across someone yet who was taken against their will or didn't genuinely want the person they were mated with. Did that make sense?
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

I was very in to the breed series and then got lost waiting for a new book to come out. I hope I can get reconnected to the characters like I was before. Sometimes it's hard to go back when you've been away for a long time.
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

Lora Leigh.... Where do I start?
The breed series was the first I started to read of her books and I have been hooked since. Lions, and wolves, and tigers and coyotes oh my! I can't wait to see who Cassie is mated too!
The Wizard Twin series I fell in love with and slowly more books from that series is being released.
The Callaghan family secrets have been amazing to follow and I can not wait to read the last book ultimate sins!
Her special ops series was full of action and romance and it was hard not to fall in love with the hero's!
I'll read any of her book.
sb164740
Favorite Author: Terry Brooks
Favorite Book: Kushiels Dart
Currently Reading: Witch Wraith by Terr Brooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sb164740.html
fav_author_id: 5000

Post by sb164740 »

Lora Leigh's Breed series are one of only two (JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood) romance series in which I actually own and "collect" the books. I agree that they are a little more hard core than some romance but nothing like Kate Douglas' Wolf Tales series. And the whole "forced mating" is a non-issue for me because I feel like its more of a pre-destined soul mate bond which makes the stories and series more "magical".
loverangel1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverangel1.html

Post by loverangel1 »

I love her books. Love love them esp the earlier breed books and nauti boys series. However I've noticed her writing has gotten a little sloppy recently and the newer breed books aren't up to par. She needs to hire a new proof reader for sure.
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

I just finished reading Ultimate Sins... lots of hot scenes and plenty of danger to keep the reader intrigued.
LittleXwillow

Post by LittleXwillow »

I have a few of her books but I'm worried do I have to read them in order (I know it's preferred) but I really want to read her books but I also don't want to be lost while reading them
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

I read all of the breed books out of order and while a bit of the storyline crossed over from one book to the next I was still able to keep up. All of the latest books ive read randomly and with no problem.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”