Official Review: I'll Steal Your Heart by Dee Cass

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
deborahveader
Favorite Book: The Perfect Husband: An FBI Profiler Novel
Currently Reading: To Own Two Suns
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborahveader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Official Review: I'll Steal Your Heart by Dee Cass

Post by deborahveader »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I'll Steal Your Heart" by Dee Cass.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I'll Steal Your Heart, written by Dee Cass, is a story about gaining independence and falling in love. Izzy lives on a large and profitable ranch with her overbearing and sometimes vicious father. She meets Mark at the cattle market. They actually don’t really meet, just kind of notice each other. She is blonde and beautiful, and he is all man and pure chiseled marble. Ends up he is the new owner of the ranch next door, and they will eventually meet again.

But Izobelle’s father considers her his property. No one is good enough for his daughter. He has never let her date anyone, not even when she went to college. She has been sheltered way too much and Izzy is starting to rebel. She wants and craves some independence, and nothing is going to stop her. She wants to experience love, and all the world has to offer her.

There were so many grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors in the book that it was really distracting. This book was never edited at all. I lost count after 20 in the first 10 percent of the book. There were way over 100 mistakes. I was itching to edit this book. It has so much promise for a romance novel. If the author is reading this, I will be glad to help. This book needs to be polished up before anyone else reads it.

There were some things I disliked about the story, besides the errors. Even though Izobelle is inexperienced and a virgin, she doesn’t know much about sex. I mean, she is living on a ranch, and it is 1984. So that part was a little too corny and didn’t make much sense at all. Also, Izzy doesn’t seem to have any friends at all, even though she has lived on the ranch her entire life.

Now for the good things about the book. The erotic parts were “just right.” Not too much, and not too little. Every so often you just need a little mindless smut to get you through your day. Even the amount of cursing in the story was “just right.” Sometimes too much cursing completely destroys a story.

Due to the significant number of errors, I have no choice but to rate I’ll Steal Your Heart, written by Dee Cass, 2 out of 4 stars. Once it is thoroughly revised, I would gladly rate it 4 stars. Even with the number of errors, the story was a great romance novel. This story is pure romance novel and will appeal to readers of this genre.

I'll Steal Your Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
difu
Currently Reading: The Demon of the Well
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-difu.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by difu »

The 2 stars rating discourages me to read the book. However the review is very amazing and it is very lucid and straightforward.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

It's too bad about the spelling and grammatical errors which tarnished an otherwise great book. Thanks for your honest review.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

Pretty good book but I'm not into it. I am sad that you rated this book just 2 stars, it seems more than that.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I love romance read, and I can relate how it for Izzy, because some parents like to be over protective atimes. I hope the author will take note of the flaws and edit it professionally.
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Reitumetse_R »

I don't really judge the book by its grammatical errors but this one seems to be just too much to even connect to the story.Nice review Thank you
Suesea
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suesea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Suesea »

This is not my type of book. I guess I don't need "mindless smut" to get me through my day. I'm not into romance novels. I hope the author reads your review and takes some time to edit the book. The errors would be torture to sift through. There were so many. I also agree that if the girl went to school at all, she knows about sex at least and should have a good friend. Her relationship with her father sounds bizarre.

Thanks for your review. I wish the author the best, but this will go on my "not interested" shelf.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I hope Izzy gets to experience the world out there in spite of her father. Thanks for the interesting review.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Sometimes we should be left to make serious decisions especially when we have reached the adulthood, parents choosing our partners for us is usually the greatest mistakes as we end up not loving the person. This must be a very educative book. I would like to read it.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
YNovels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by YNovels »

As long as I enjoy reading and I can understand the flow of the story, I will read this. By the way, thank you for the honest review
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Ahhh a huge pity about the errors! I would love to pick this one up once it has been proof-read. Thank you so much for your insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
Butter_cup
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butter-cup.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Butter_cup »

I understand why the review was rated a 2, I would have also rate it a 2 if there were so many errors. However, I do not mind reading this book when it is revised. It sounds interesting.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I would like to give this book a go once it's revised. Errors typically annoy me.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
Blessing C 4
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Blessing C 4 »

The books has a nice name and I would have love to read it but errors annoys me

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”