Review by Nurse9298 -- Chameleons by Onyx Gold

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nurse9298
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nurse9298.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review by Nurse9298 -- Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by Nurse9298 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a review of Chameleons by Onyx Gold. This is a gripping, suspenseful thriller full of steamy romance. When a young literary agent finds herself on the brink of discovering a new best-selling series and torn between loving two men, she also finds herself in the middle of a madman’s nefarious scheme.

Zia is a twenty-three-year-old literary agent who has sworn off dating after a bad break-up. She has vowed to focus on her career and find the next best-selling novel. While working, Zia meets Bryce Fink, a gorgeous, young investment attorney who is new to the law firm located in Zia’s building. After running into each other several times, Bryce makes his interest known, and Zia has to admit that she is drawn to him as well. Bryce is a charming Southern gentleman and seems to be the perfect man. The two begin dating. Meanwhile, she has finally come across a brilliant manuscript for a crime series that could make her millions. While communicating with the author, Baxter Leopold, Zia is also drawn to him. Their first encounter in New York seals the attraction between the two. Thus ensues Zia’s torrid love triangle amidst her blossoming career. She finds herself torn between loving two very different men and right in the middle of a dark plot.

There were several things I enjoyed about this book. Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down. The plot was strong and well thought out and the characters were relatable. The author is very descriptive throughout the novel, easily bringing the reader into the story. There is gripping suspense mixed with steamy romance and drama. There were a few holes in the story, however, leaving me with a few questions. For example, Zia suffers from pretty severe anxiety in the beginning chapters, but after meeting Bryce this isn’t mentioned again. There was also a time jump, in which Zia and Bryce begin a relationship with no idea as to how much time has passed. Zia had a bad breakup and then got an IUD placed, although she had sworn off men. Also, at times the vocabulary is a little much, with several instances of large descriptive words that don’t really fit the scene.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced romance/suspense novel from start to finish. I was quickly drawn into the scenes and remained engaged throughout. The book appears to have been professionally edited. There were still some errors, but they did not detract from the story. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it was intriguing and well-written.

I would recommend this book for readers of romance, crime, or suspense. There is graphic erotica and violence and therefore is suitable for mature readers.

Chameleons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”