Sherrilyn Kenyon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JaydaMax
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaydamax.html

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by JaydaMax »

I think the Dark Hunter Series is one of the best out there. I do have to disagree regarding Ash and Styxx. Both books had me sobbing. It's unbelievable what SK can do with a character you felt no love for by showing you the world from his perspective. I do think that in certain books the "wrap up" seems a little abbreviated and could be expanded on some. But, I would and do recommend this series all the time.
Ashley8779
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley8779.html

Post by Ashley8779 »

Top 1st class she is. I was never much of a reader until I got ahold of Acheron that a friend had given me. I was hooked from the first page. I LITERALLY READ THE ENTIRE BOOK IN ONE NIGHT!!!! SERIOUSLY I DID!!! Now, I am up to date on owning the series plus others she writes.
OliviaWayne
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliviawayne.html

Post by OliviaWayne »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is amazing. I was super bummed last year, because she was scheduled to be at Pensacon and I had tickets for the first two days. She wasn't there until the third day, so I missed her. Her books are well-written and easy to get lost in. I have to admit, I'm partial to her League series.
shadow01

Post by shadow01 »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is amazing. The Dark Hunters are my favorite. There are so many people and story lines. I can just post it notes all over the walls to show family trees. :D
ALVande
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Currently Reading: Dragonmark
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alvande.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by ALVande »

First off, let me fan girl a little and say I didn't think I would find anyone who read Kenyon on this site. Secondly, without Kenyon, I have no idea where I would be today. She is truly an inspiration to me. And she is so sweet to her fans! I named my son Acheron after a certain god. Lol.

Of all the books I've read, Born of Legend has to be my favorite. Jules spoke out to me in a way that no character of her series ever has. Unlike any of the other characters, he didn't just give in and "forgave" those who wronged him. He literally just said he was no longer a part of his family and completely embraced his adopted family. He was so hard on himself and when he was able to finally tell his twin what he really felt, god I swear I felt the relief for him. And let me just say that Ushara is who I wish I could be. I inspire to be like her. Outspoken and proud. And also one heck of a mother.
Heatherbee625

Post by Heatherbee625 »

I have read her books at least 5 times and they never get old, the best part is that there are so many. Some are better than others but isn't it like that with most series?
christine856
Currently Reading: Jurisdiction Denied
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine856.html

Post by christine856 »

I absolutely love her. I have read some of the books in the dark hunter series and want put the book down until I've read it . I just wish I had the whole series...probably wouldn't leave the house lol.
AsYouAre

Post by AsYouAre »

The dark hunters series is one of my personal favorites.
Acheron was my favorite. She went into such detail portraying his tragic past.
It almost brought me to tears.
Bazaldua
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Bazaldua »

When I first started reading Kenyon, it caught me pretty good and I read a fair few. However, after reading so many back-to-back, I got a little irritated by what I would describe as the Dragon Ball Z effect. Every story had to up the bar on how bad-ass, wounded, and OP each character could be. It was cool and edgy for a while, but eventually made me stop seeing the characters as people and more like caricatures/assembly-line romance heros.

She's a good writer, but her series follows a set blueprint through character development, rise/fall, conflict/resolution. It really got to me. But I liked how little tidbits of upcoming or previous novels were sprinkled into each story. Maybe I could get back into them of I spaced out the readings. They were very enjoyable.
pollyfitzi11

Post by pollyfitzi11 »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is such an amazing author! I have read the League series as well as the Dark Hunters Series and The Chronicles of Nick. They are all absolutely amazing and I've had a few other people hooked onto the series as well! Love love love!
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I have definitely enjoyed the few books that I have read of hers. This shows me that I really need to look into more her novels.
Adair McClain
Currently Reading: Madhouse
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adair-lee.html
Latest Review: Freefalling by Eme McAnam

Post by Adair McClain »

I absolutely love Sherrilyn Kenyon, both as an author and a person. Her Dark-Hunter series is probably the biggest collection of books I have, although I feel after Acheron they started to get slightly stale. I was a bit disappointed by Bad Moon Rising, and I had really looked forward to it. Most of them I could read over and over again because I adore the characters so much. I recently started on her League series, and have also read The Warrior under her other pen name, Kinley MacGregor. I love Greek and Roman mythology, and the personality she puts into each of the popular deities is hilarious.
AmberOverstreet2014
Currently Reading: Dark Enemy Taken
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by AmberOverstreet2014 »

The first SK book I read was Fantasy Lover. My sister introduced me to it when I was going thru treatments for a Brain Tumor. I fell in love with it and began to eat up all the novels she had published up until 2008. Even the ones that she used the pen name Kinley MacGregor. I have every book that she has published to date. All of her series just grabs you and pulls you in to the story to the point you don't want to come back to reality. I got to meet her in 2009 at a book signing and she was kind and talk to everyone there one on one. It was great!!!
Rnwulfekuhle
Currently Reading: Blood Magic
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B002Y27P3M

Post by Rnwulfekuhle »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is my absolute favorite author! I love every single book she rights and I can reread her books over and over without getting bored. I have at least twenty of her books in hard copy and love to reread them all the time.
Fullsunmoon
Currently Reading: China Rich Girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fullsunmoon.html
Latest Review: "Song of the Robin" by R.V.Biggs

Post by Fullsunmoon »

I just started the first book in the Deadman's cross series ("Deadmen walking"). This is my first book I've read by her and so far she's kept my attention for the first 120 pages or so. I will definitely have to try her dark hunter series
Latest Review: "Song of the Robin" by R.V.Biggs

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”