Sherrilyn Kenyon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KLyons1
Favorite Author: Many
Favorite Book: See Favorite Author
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klyons1.html
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by KLyons1 »

jaschul1 wrote:Love her books. Actually got to meet her at a book show in Montgomery, Texas north of Houston. She was very cool and I completely geeked out!
Oh, I'm jealous! I wish she'd come to an event in my area!
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith
erinbilly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by erinbilly »

One of the most enjoyable writers I have read in many years. I loved her dark hunter series and her Kinsley Mcgregor stories as well.
dina77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dina77.html

Post by dina77 »

Sherrilyn Kenyon's books are such a pleasure to read that the difficulty is in finding new authors that write similarly good stories. I discovered her books as a hardback was in the bargain section of the book store.. I then spent a small fortune buying the rest of the hunter series and I agree Ash is one of my favourite characters. I have to confess that I haven't read the league series yet as I have a few books on my bedside cabinet that I haven't yet gotten around to reading yet... but when they are finished these are on my list of next to buy books.
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is a great paranormal writer that utilizes the entire paranormal experience to enthrall her reader into wanting more. Anything she writes is an excellent read and as long as she writes I will read her books.
SusanneN

Post by SusanneN »

vfreeman wrote:The only books of S.K.'s that I read are the Dark Hunters (and related Dream Hunters, Were, etc). I love them, but I have to be in the mood. Sometimes they blur together in my mind.
I totally agree. Her books require your absolute attention with all the characters that are in and out of the books so if you are in the mood to read, but not commit, skip these books.
sb164740
Favorite Author: Terry Brooks
Favorite Book: Kushiels Dart
Currently Reading: Witch Wraith by Terr Brooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sb164740.html
fav_author_id: 5000

Post by sb164740 »

Kenyon is a great writer and I personally love Acheron and his story. Though the books can be read separately I would suggest reading them in order because the characters in the previous books almost always make an appearance in the later books and its nice to have a good overall concept of the series and the characters stories. By the way, the Were-Hunter books within the Dark Series are my personal favorites :) But I am a sucker for shapeshifters.
mina1015
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mina1015.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mina1015 »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is the best. I own a lot of books and because I am such an avid reader I only ever buy books in a series that I will read again. And I own almost all her books. Last year I finally saved up enough money to go to DargonCon and she was there. It was a great moment in my life when I went to ask a question and she commented on my Simi cosplay that I had sewn myself. Anyone that I know has a love for fantasy and romance I recommend her to them.
I love me some dark hunters and even more so love the shifters.
She has a great way of creating a world that is complex in its entirety but simple in one book. something that I admire because I have a hard time trying to make things not complex.
Empysteele
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empysteele.html

Post by Empysteele »

I finished Styxx about 6 months, spent half that jolly book in tears.

Brilliant read though :)
TJsmama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjsmama.html

Post by TJsmama »

I love Kenyon's DH series as well but stopped reading two or three books ago. They started feeling like fillers (main arc wasn't going anywhere), the rules started changing (understandable since the DH world evolved so much), but mostly I stopped because the characters I was truly interested in like Savitar, Jared&Jaden, Nick (I've read his spinoff, Chronicles of Nick, but it only confused me due to the whole time travel aspect) weren't getting their stories for a long long time.

I'll definitely get back to the series someday though, SK's writing and world is just that captivating, but in the meantime I'm happy delving into new worlds by other Paranormal Romance authors.
bortelsr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bortelsr.html

Post by bortelsr »

She amazes me with how she intertwines the characters throughout so many books. I don't know how she does it and not get confused! These books have adventure, romance, developed characters and a supernatural element that I love!
littlelibrarian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlelibrarian.html

Post by littlelibrarian »

Kenyon is one of my top 5 authors. I just finished reading Born in Fury and am already looking forward to the next Dark Hunter book. I think Acheron and Styxx about drove me crazy with all the pages of history. However, they were still great books.
BookNerd1003

Post by BookNerd1003 »

I found one of her books (Devil May Cry) at a flea market and bought it I loved the book so much I read it in like two days. After reading the book I found out that it was book # 10 in a series. Now any new book I get from a flea market (which are quite a lot) I check to make sure they aren't apart of a series or I have read all the books leading up to it if they are. lol
Mickaila
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Book: The Iliad
Currently Reading: Most Evil by Michael Stone
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mickaila.html
Latest Review: "Liar Lindly Brandt" by Aften Brook Szymanski
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Mickaila »

I've read her books years ago, yes her story is unique but it is way too redundant and sometimes predictable. I'd like her to try something new.
Latest Review: "Liar Lindly Brandt" by Aften Brook Szymanski
darkfae2317
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander Series
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkfae2317.html
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by darkfae2317 »

I love her Dark Hunter books! I haven't read anything else by her, I'll have to remedy that!
LittleXwillow

Post by LittleXwillow »

Thanks for the reviews guys I've been thinking about reading this series very soon!

-- 26 Aug 2014, 22:54 --

Thanks for the reviews guys I've been thinking about reading this series very soon!

-- 26 Aug 2014, 22:57 --

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”