Sherrilyn Kenyon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Re: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by SharisseEM »

First romance novel I ever bought was SK's Night Play. Got me hooked on romance novels and I started off collecting her Dark-Hunter series!
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
kitty78029
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kitty78029 »

I absolutely love her books the only problem is I read them faster than she can put them out which drives me crazy
red3devil

Post by red3devil »

Dark hunter series are in my top five series!
Love her writing, so sexy and sensual and then again suspenseful and interesting!
lorenicole
Favorite Author: Laurell K Hamilton
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorenicole.html
Latest Review: "Loose Tooth Trouble" by Melissa Bixby
Publishing Contest Votes: 12

Post by lorenicole »

I love her Dark Hunter Series but hadn't realized that she had so many other book types out there. Now I am going to have to do some research, probably on Amazon!
Latest Review: "Loose Tooth Trouble" by Melissa Bixby
Aivlys
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivlys.html

Post by Aivlys »

I was a fan of the early Dark-Hunter books but Acheron really felt like a wrap up to me and I haven't been able to get into the newer books of that series. I do like the Chronicles of Nick though. And I LOVE her 'Born of...' series with the assassins.
mommaj159
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommaj159.html

Post by mommaj159 »

I am also a fan of her Dark Hunter Series. I lost a lot of sleep trying to finish her books. They are very action packed and leave you wanting more. I recommend her books.
Sarita Everson
Currently Reading: Lover Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarita-everson.html

Post by Sarita Everson »

I absolutely love her books. But son of no one the last book so far in Dark hunters series is totally confusing. Who is this guy and where did he come from struggling to get through this one.
Miss_Jane2014
Currently Reading: Better Off Dead by H.P Mallory
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-jane2014.html

Post by Miss_Jane2014 »

By far she is one of my favorite authors. I appreciate an author that can make me laugh, cry, and occasionally want to hit things because that means I have gotten emotionally invested in the book. Every time I finish one of her books, I'm a little sad inside, but immediately I am looking for a way to buy the next book lol.
anitaymoore
Favorite Author: Too many to choose
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anitaymoore.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by anitaymoore »

Kenyon has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I know I read one of her books a decade ago but couldn't remember which one now (don't you hate when that happens?), so I picked up Acheron since it had just been released at the time. HOLY SCHMOLY! That was a great read, not just a good read....a great one! I loved it so much that I also bought it in Audible. That book broke my heart! I love that she devoted so much time to his back story. The things he endured over centuries was just mind-boggling. When one thing would happen I would find "well, it can't get much worse than that."....and it did. It's rare for me to find myself in tears while reading or listening to an audio book and I cried with both!

After completing that book I immediately went and pre-ordered Styxx. Seein who it was about I had a preconceived notion that there was no way she could make Styxx a likeable or sympathetic character but I was wrong again, I loved that one nearly as much as I loved Acheron. She took a character I had come to hate in Acheron and made me love him, really....can you ask for more than that?

Since reading those two books I have read all her others as well, some I loved....some were just good but so far none of the others have even touched Acheron and Styxx for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gobbling up the other stories (I want a Simi of my very own!).
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

Sherrilyn was my introduction to paranormal romance and I now have almost all her books now. She is a remarkable storyteller. I loved both Acheron and Styxx. Two amazing characters who had torrid pasts and are widely misunderstood. Her League series is just as good as The Dark Hunters
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
katejones

Post by katejones »

I have been reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's books for so many years. I am currently listening to the "Son of No One", and I was thrilled to realize that she is bridging the Camelot series with the Dark-Hunters series in this novel. She is an amazing writer and she is one that I can safely recommend to almost anyone.
BeH2reads
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by BeH2reads »

First SK book I read was night Embrace, then that same week i read all of her DH book that were out at the time. Night Play, Acheron, NE,NP and Dance with the devil are my All time Favs.
cgoss74
Favorite Author: Danielle Steel
Currently Reading: Follow You Home
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgoss74.html
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 3250

Post by cgoss74 »

I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's books, I have read her Dark Hunter series through Son of No One. She is an excellent author and I stalk her books when they hit the shelves. I know Dragonbane is coming out soon and I generally will reread through a series when a new book comes out but the series has become so long I may not do that this time. Make sure if you are a fan that you read what she writes under her other pen names.

I haven't added her books to my bookshelf yet because apparently her and I don't agree on the reading order of the series, ;).

-- 16 Jul 2015, 22:42 --

I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's books and have read the Dark Hunter series through Son of No One. Dragonbane is going to be coming out in a few days and I generally read through the whole series when the new book comes out but the series has become very long. Also, for those of you who love Sherrilyn Kenyon you should check out the books she writes under her other pen names.
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
Marlalva90
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 365">Dance With The Devil (Dark Hunter series #6)</a>
Currently Reading: Blood Trinity
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlalva90.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by Marlalva90 »

Sherrilyn kenyon is an artist at what she does I love her dark-hunter series and her chronicles of nick series still reading the league series though but I do hope to get caught up with those soon. RT
ameliadavid
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ameliadavid.html

Post by ameliadavid »

Sherrilyn Kenyon rocks..i've read all of her dark hunter series and she never stops suprising me. The way she brings her charcters to life is amazing..

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”