Official Review: Maui Christmas by Sandra Givens

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Official Review: Maui Christmas by Sandra Givens

Post by Namaste23 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maui Christmas" by Sandra Givens.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Maui Christmas, by Sandra Givens, is a romantic novel starring Madison Miller as the main character. The story follows her as she plans a trip to Maui to surprise her daughter Piper for Christmas. Unfortunately, Piper had the same idea and had already left to surprise her mom in San Jose. Although they were both disappointed, they decided together to make the best of it and stay in their respective locations. Madison missed her daughter, but she also enjoyed the solitude and being able to do whatever she wanted.

Madison made some friends while staying in Maui. Kai, who knew her daughter Piper, worked at the resort where Madison was staying. Jules and Leeza were on vacation, the same as Madison, and the women instantly hit it off. While the women enjoyed drinks at a local bar, Madison thought she saw a familiar stranger. She thought she saw the love of her life, Donald. He had died in service. Madison hadn't seen him since she had gotten pregnant with Piper. She had to find out if it was him.

The aspect I liked the most in this story was how supportive Donald's family is in the midst of him struggling with mental issues. People who are struggling need support. They need to know it is okay if they need to take space and that the people they love will be there for them no matter what. The aspect that I liked the least in the book was in the beginning when Madison was by herself in Maui. It seemed like all she did was eat. It became a little redundant reading about the restaurants and the food she was eating.

The audience for this book would be adult women. It is a love story with a middle-aged woman as the main character so adult women would relate to this story the most. It is also a light, easy read, perfect for relaxing, and enjoying yourself. The book has some conservative sex scenes and profanity, so it is not an appropriate choice for children.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. There were a few minor errors, but not enough that I would take a point off my rating. It was pleasurable to read. There was drama, but just enough to add to the story. Overall, I thought this was a great read and would recommend to anyone interested.

(Moderator's Note: The minor errors have since been corrected by the author.)

Maui Christmas
View: on Bookshelves
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by LuciusM »

The sex scenes and the profanity throws me one step away from it. All in all, I like the idea of the book about a perfect family especially with the current generation. Good review.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

I'm very interested in reading the mental struggles of the main character and seeing how it is dealt with. Thank you for including it in your review!
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

So glad to hear this was a great book! It sounds like a relaxing, entertaining read!
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

It sounds like an entertaining read. The review has made me curious about Donald and his "death". Good work!
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

The book sounds interesting since it's adult romance and i would love to read.
Thanks for the detailed review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”