Official Review: Prejudice and Pride by Eve Delson

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Lover7
Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover7.html
Latest Review: The Light of the Dying by Michelle Reynoso

Re: Official Review: Prejudice and Pride by Eve Delson

Post by Book Lover7 »

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my all time favourite. I would definitely love to read this modern version of Pride and Prejudice by Eve Delson.
freelancewriter
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by freelancewriter »

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett meet and hate each other in their first encounter. Pride and Prejudice is their journey through life, self realization, breaking societal norms and judgemental perspective to realise their love for each other.
Anyone who has the patience to ponder on the different aspects of the story, which arise as soon as the lenses are changed, will find this book enjoyable.
Imstaci-1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imstaci-1.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Imstaci-1 »

A twist to a classic fan favorite! I had to read the title twice, just to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Would certainly love to read this. Thanks for the review.
beatrice_mom

Post by beatrice_mom »

Book Lover7 wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 02:22 Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my all time favourite. I would definitely love to read this modern version of Pride and Prejudice by Eve Delson.
I read the modern version. As for me, not really. In principle, I do not like it when someone promotes on the "remake" of famous things. Classic she is a classic. I equally dislike covers of popular songs. In the case of "modernization" of the book, this is hardly comparable with creativity, because there is a storyline, the characters of the characters too. It's just a rewrite.
Book Lover7

Post by Book Lover7 »

beatrice_mom wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 02:43
Book Lover7 wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 02:22 Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my all time favourite. I would definitely love to read this modern version of Pride and Prejudice by Eve Delson.
I read the modern version. As for me, not really. In principle, I do not like it when someone promotes on the "remake" of famous things. Classic she is a classic. I equally dislike covers of popular songs. In the case of "modernization" of the book, this is hardly comparable with creativity, because there is a storyline, the characters of the characters too. It's just a rewrite.
Yeah sometimes it won't be as good as the original version but we can give it a try right?
provy
Favorite Book: Until November
Currently Reading: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-provy.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by provy »

After reading this review, I will definitely be reading this book because I love Jane Austen. I'm curious of how the story will be in this one since you mentioned that it has a mordern twist. The predictibility, I can live with as long as its a great read.
beatrice_mom

Post by beatrice_mom »

Book Lover7 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 22:49
Yeah sometimes it won't be as good as the original version but we can give it a try right?
Of course, I am not discouraging in any way. You read what you want, everyone has their own tastes. I just expressed my personal opinion. I prefer to read something new than something rewritten by someone. Moreover, there are so many interesting books that there is not enough time. It is necessary that there are 100 hours in a day, then it will be easier to read more :lol:
Book Lover7

Post by Book Lover7 »

beatrice_mom wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 02:16
Book Lover7 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 22:49

Of course, I am not discouraging in any way. You read what you want, everyone has their own tastes. I just expressed my personal opinion. I prefer to read something new than something rewritten by someone. Moreover, there are so many interesting books that there is not enough time. It is necessary that there are 100 hours in a day, then it will be easier to read more :lol:
:lol2: I totally agree with you. I can't get enough of book ever. :D
Kaitlin Licato
Currently Reading: Shakespeare's Guide to Parenting
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-licato.html
Latest Review: The Sylvan Horn by Robert Redinger

Post by Kaitlin Licato »

Thanks for the review! I'm always looking for new Pride and Prejudice/Jane Austen alternate stories. I've racked up quite a few on my Kindle already. I haven't read one that sounds quite this intriguing (with the gender bending and such) though.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”