Official Review: Tales From The Millinery Shop ~ With A T...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
klbradley
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 98
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 386
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: Spice up Your Sex Life by Marie Paul
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Tales From The Millinery Shop ~ With A T...

Post by klbradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales From The Millinery Shop ~ With A Twist" by David Charles Hart.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales of Millinery Shop by David Hart is a 20th Century fictional novel written about the lives of working women during the Gilded Age Era. Published in February 2020 by FriesenPress, the story is right at 145 Kindle edition pages, which I consider to be the perfect length for an easily digested novel. Featuring a plethora of genres such as romance, mystery and historical fiction, Tales of Millinery Shop has something to offer for a wide range of readers.

As a good portion of the story takes place inside the millinery shop, the main characters in the story are the women who make designer hats. Following each through their daily lives, Tales of Millinery Shop showcases heartbreak and love, occasional steamy romance, and specifically the challenging encounters they dealt with during the time period. There is also a chilling mystery within the story, which I found to be one of the most interesting aspects of the book. The mystery seems to involve a strange cat, visions of a terrifying wild animal, and an unexplained disappearance that will leave readers guessing throughout.

The women in the story spend their days working in Madame Sophie's shop in New York making only the best and most desired head-wear, and their evenings are typically spent with their families and occasionally with their prospective love interests. With women coming from all nationalities, the story features a well-rounded approach to some of the challenges they face during the Era. Although there is significant mention of Women's Rights, racial issues, and political stances, the story also combines the charming love interests they encounter along the way.

Of all the characters mentioned in the story, I found Annaleise's story to be the most entertaining. Being of German descent, I found the author's depiction of her accent to be enchanting throughout. I liked how the author presented her character, specifically how she was able to go from being serious to playful quickly and with a smooth transition. I was pleased while reading to find no grammatical or spelling errors, which allowed for a smooth read. The author's ability to outline an interesting fictional story while showcasing women's rights and racial inequality was impeccable and something I feel gave me a true insight.

I'm pleased to rate Tales of Millinery Shop 4 out of 4 stars and would gladly recommend it to readers who enjoy some dramatics but are also interested in history. I did discover while reading about the author at the end of the book that his story is loosely based on his own parents, which was fascinating, to say the least. I do feel it's necessary to mention that there is some explicit language and sexual scenes that would not be appropriate for all readers, although they are presented tastefully and not depicted as erotica.

Tales From The Millinery Shop ~ With A Twist
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

This review is detailed enough. I enjoyed the flow.

Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Pearl Akpan »

Great Review

shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by shreyagupta »

The glowing cat in the cover page is very intriguing. From the book review i guess this book is filled with an insight in the lives of working women, social issues they face and is topped with a little mystery, sounds to me like a perfect read.

leonel wieland
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by leonel wieland »

i like the review very much because it's very detailed but i don't really like the cover because at the beginning i thought it was a book about a cat or witchcraft

dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by dianaterrado »

I am not really a reader of erotica so that's good. And I am trying to venture outside of my usual reading genre so I'm interested in the historical aspect of this. Thanks for the review.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."

Zoya Candey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zoya Candey »

I like the review very much. It seems very interesting.

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: The King of May
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by SamaylaM »

Romance with chilling mystery sure sounds amazing! Thank you for the honest rating and review! :)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”