Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SusanD
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Post by SusanD »

Absolutely love this series along with Sylvia Day's other works. I'm also anxiously awaiting her fourth book.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I believe the fourth book is already out, Captivated by You.

When I first read the books, I also fell in love with them! When I received the fourth book in this series as a gift, I decided to re-read the first three. However, by the time I was near the end of the fourth one, I was getting a little bit tried of reading the same thing over again. Next time, I might have to take a little break in between, I think.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
coyshari
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by coyshari »

I read all the crossfire books currently out rather quickly and fell in love with the characters and author. I was allitle disappointed to wait so long for a conclusion only to find out its not the last book. I still keep checking for a new book book but haven't heard anything yet. It was definitely worth reading if you liked the FSOG style reading.
khudecek
Favorite Author: Depends on Genre
Favorite Book: The Angel and the Outlaw
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khudecek.html
Latest Review: "See Bride Run!" by Charlotte Hughes

Post by khudecek »

I've been angry with Sylvia Day for a long time and I know from posts on other sites, that I am not alone. It's not that her writing is bad because it isn't. It isn't that Gideon Cross is such a bad guy. He isn't. It's the fact that she makes her readers wait so long between books. Between the conclusion of the third book and the release of the fourth, it was 18 months! I'd read 60 books during that time and I'd forgotten almost everything that had happened in the Crossfire series and had to go back and read all of the books again.

The third book was less than satisfying. If it hadn't been for Gideon getting his two cents in, it would have been a blunder and a 3-star read at best. Getting his point of view saved that book as far as I'm concerned. I think I gave it 3-stars when I reviewed it.

Then rumors start that the fifth and final book was going to be out in June of 2015. Then it was said we wouldn't have to wait "as long" for the fifth book. I read the last book on November 24, 2014. Well, here I am again waiting.

Every now and then, Day throws out a snippet as if we're starving animals desperate for a morsel of food. I find that to be egotistical on her part and insulting to her readers.

In my opinion, she should have had at least half of the next novel done before she released the previous one, if not had the entire series done and ready for release at timed intervals.

She's not that great and I'm not the only one who is angry. I know after I read the final book, I will never read another thing she writes.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

~~
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

It does remind me of Fifty Shades but I find it more realistic. Sadly, I haven't read the next book yet. Bu I will..
DLiteReader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dlitereader.html

Post by DLiteReader »

I loved this series for the first 3 books. The WAIT...OMG...THE WAIT.. I have ready so many other books in the time I'd waited for the next book to come out that once it did, it was good... not great due to the fact that I kept thinking really there is like 10 pages left and I'm not feeling a finale...Another book... NOPE I'm done... I can't stand when authors stretch it out... Is not a muscle folks and I've stretched too far. SNAP..Not even going there for the last book. CAN it, WRAP it Up..

I've read some paranormal from her and I just don't know how I feel about it. I've god mad respect for authors thought. What it must be like to have to trump your trump...
khudecek

Post by khudecek »

DLiteReader wrote:I loved this series for the first 3 books. The WAIT...OMG...THE WAIT.. I have ready so many other books in the time I'd waited for the next book to come out that once it did, it was good... not great due to the fact that I kept thinking really there is like 10 pages left and I'm not feeling a finale...Another book... NOPE I'm done... I can't stand when authors stretch it out... Is not a muscle folks and I've stretched too far. SNAP..Not even going there for the last book. CAN it, WRAP it Up..

I've read some paranormal from her and I just don't know how I feel about it. I've god mad respect for authors thought. What it must be like to have to trump your trump...
I'm with you when it comes to wrapping it up. I would can the whole thing today if I didn't have so much time invested in it.

I think Sylvia Day is so full of herself, she can't see straight. I know how much time it takes to get a book out and before she released the fourth one, the fifth one should have been under construction. All of this waiting is BS. After I'm done reading the final book, I am done with her forever.

~~
Kinterlichia11
Currently Reading: The Choice
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinterlichia11.html

Post by Kinterlichia11 »

Absolutely loved this series. I definitely thought it would be a copy cat of Fifty Shades but I was pleasantly surprised!
Aussie

Post by Aussie »

The crossfire a series is amazing. Can't wait for the final one to come out! I love GC!
meira1724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meira1724.html

Post by meira1724 »

This book is similar to fifty shades of grey(without the BDSM).Its really beautiful how two people manage to overcome the horrors of the past in order to be right for one another.
Decemberflower18
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-decemberflower18.html

Post by Decemberflower18 »

The series is one of my favorites and while I also thought it was going to be similar to 50 shades, I was surprised to find otherwise. Gideon has a tortured soul and angst, without coming off as demeaning to woman..while I'll admit when he's first introduced he may seem transparent. The characters chemistry is crazy hot and I'm looking forward to the next book. I'll admit I enjoy triangles and love when someone is thrown in as an obstacle but love when characters come out on top.
TracyW
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracyw.html

Post by TracyW »

I love this whole series. I am looking forward to buying the final installment (this weekend hopefully!) One of my favorite differences in this series v. 50 Shades of Grey was the shared problems between Gideon and Eva. To have similar childhood traumas that helped them understand one another but also caused problems. Itbwas a constant source of passion and conflict that kept the plot moving along.
khudecek

Post by khudecek »

TracyW wrote:I love this whole series. I am looking forward to buying the final installment (this weekend hopefully!) One of my favorite differences in this series v. 50 Shades of Grey was the shared problems between Gideon and Eva. To have similar childhood traumas that helped them understand one another but also caused problems. Itbwas a constant source of passion and conflict that kept the plot moving along.
I haven't read the last book yet and I will but I did take a look at the reviews. I rarely do that before I read a book but considering the price of this, I wasn't sure if it was worth the money. Overall, it is making three stars and some of the reviews are pretty hostile.

I'm angry with Sylvia Day anyway for dragging this out so long and making people wait and wait. That's a sign of a big ego and being too comfortable with your fan base. I will do my best to keep my personal feelings out of it and remain objective but I was annoyed with the fourth book.

I've got too much time invested in this to stop now. I will read the final book just to finish the series. After that, I will never read another book by Sylvia Day as long as I live.

~~
MakieMae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makiemae.html

Post by MakieMae »

I have been thinking about reading this series for a while now, but have been hesitant because, like many others I was afraid that it would be too much like a remake of 50 shades. But the comments and reviews are promising, I think I will have to read it as my next series.
kimingram8
Currently Reading: Blackout
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by kimingram8 »

My daughter introduced me to this series. I was pleasantly surprised. Very sad that the Gideon/Ava saga has come to an end. Is there another similar series out there worth reading? ?

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”