Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
indiereader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Post by indiereader »

Hi everyone!
Let me be candid and say when I first picked up this book, I thought it was going to be a remake of Fifty Shades and boy was I wrong! Gideon Cross is not Christian Grey by any means. I haven't read anything this good in a while. I was transfixed! My life literally was put on hold while I read this story. I loved the fact the characters in the story were real people with real problems, and just like us had to fight to keep their relationship intact. I also liked the inspiration it gives to those who have undergone abuse in the past and the fact that though both main characters are wealthy, they still had to go through relationship drama that most of us do. I highly recommend it if you haven't read this yet!
Dee026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee026.html

Post by Dee026 »

I totally agree with you. I love the whole crossfire series, I'm anxiously awaiting the fourth. I could tell she took pars from fifty shades of grey which had me rolling my eyes lol since I read it straight after I got done with fifty shades but all in all I prefer bared to you to fifty shades if I had to pick. It's more realistic to me than the shades series, I just couldn't understand why someone you barely even know could control you in the way it happened in fifty shades, I was literally screaming at the book whilst reading it but with the crossfire she was more 'sure' of herself even with the baggage she had. And Sylvia day definitely had me rushing for the next one just to find out Gideon's secret, I just needed to know who hurt him. The story had me soo drawn in I was upset he'd been hurt and wanted justice on the person that hurt him. She is definitely a great writer. I always recommend this series to people, I'm in love with it
Rissa2753
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rissa2753.html

Post by Rissa2753 »

I love this book! It captivated me like no other book has. Had everything to me romance, lust, comedy, and heartbreak. I must say the ... At the end irritated me like no other but thats what hooks a reader i guess
urica
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urica.html

Post by urica »

I love this series. Cannot wait for book 4 :)
dea0045
Favorite Author: Austen or Dickens
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dea0045.html

Post by dea0045 »

It is AMAZING!!!!!
LisaL80

Post by LisaL80 »

Absolutely love what I have read so far. Am just starting Entwined With You, and cant wait for the fourth either!
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I love these types of stories for the plot behind it, I look forward to reading!
marirollo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marirollo.html

Post by marirollo »

I completely agree. The Crossfire series seems more real to me than 50 Shades (nothing against that series either). I read Bared to You in 2 days and went and bought Reflected in You immediately, I had a bit of a hard time getting into this one and I thought it was a little slow at first but it definitely picked up at the end. Now Entwined with You is by far THE best book in the series and I read it in a matter of hours. I love how so much more happened in the story in this last book and I cannot wait until the next book comes out.
hyridangel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyridangel.html

Post by hyridangel »

I love the crossfire series. I thought the characters were more realistic with their baggage versus the FSOG characters. I am anxiously waiting for book 4.
lmahartz
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmahartz.html
Latest Review: "BETA" by Maxwell Coffie

Post by lmahartz »

I agree the Crossfire Series a great series and I am looking forward to the fourth book. Ended up being far more than I epected.
Latest Review: "BETA" by Maxwell Coffie
momof2girls

Post by momof2girls »

I can't wait for the next book! When I bought this book I thought it was the last in this series. As I got cloer to the end of the book I was thinking there is no way this can be the final book. Then I found out there will be several more in this series :)
chrystalcrino
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystalcrino.html

Post by chrystalcrino »

I really liked this series. Goodread that kept you interested throughout and who doesn't like a book where one moment you love the characters and the next your like what are they doing , then to love them again.
sami0527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sami0527.html

Post by sami0527 »

When I started reading the series the second book was already out and they were suggested to me by a friend. So I went ahead and ordered both the first and second books from Amazon and they were delivered 2 days later and the day I got them I stayed up ALL NIGHT to finish both books. I couldn't put them down. I then went and preordered the third book as soon as it was available to be preordered. Now I am just waiting for the email saying that they FINALLY have a release date for the fourth book. I CAN'T WAIT!
tracydinh96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracydinh96.html

Post by tracydinh96 »

I actually started from the 2nd book and now waiting for th 1st and 3rd book to come in the mail...but it's such a good read!! I'm very pleased I have come across it!! It's a lot better than fifty shades of grey for sure!
roopa80

Post by roopa80 »

Even I was a bit hesitant to pick up the Crossfire series. I did think it would be a remake of 50 shades of Grey. But when I began, I changed my mind quickly. In fact, in parts, I prefer Day to James even- I feel Day's language has a swooning quality, a sizzle to it..I wonder if anybody else feels the same...

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”