Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Octonauts
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Post by Octonauts »

Crossfire series has finally come to an end. It's a bittersweet moment for me. I love this series. However, I do feel that the ending is a bit too rush. I must agree that the waiting for the next book in the series is really frustrating. Now that Sylvia Day will start a new series, I hope it will be as good as Crossfire.
michalla94

Post by michalla94 »

This is definitely one of my favorite series. Many people compare this series to the Fifty Shades of Grey series by EL. James but to me it seems more realistic. I bought Bared to You from a bargain store and added it to my reading pile, when i started reading I couldn't believed I had put it off for so long. I finished it in about two days and started hunting for the second book, which happened to be easy to find since it was around Valentine's Day.
TiffanyNagle11
Currently Reading: The Minds of Billy Milligan
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanynagle11.html

Post by TiffanyNagle11 »

I came across this book because I loved the Fifty Shades of Grey Series. I looked up similar books, and I found that this had really good reviews. I bought this first book in the series, and I could not put it down. I liked this first book more than the Fifty Shades Series! I felt myself correlating with the characters and feeling their emotions. My heart broke every time Eva's heart broke. It pulled me in! I just ordered the second book in the series because I just can't wait! This book is full of raw emotion. Things in Eva's and Gideon's past are brought up and the couple has to figure out how they will handle their insane "relationship." This is probably one of my all time favorite books and it's only the first of four. I would love to discuss this book with others if people would feel free to comment what they thought of this book as well! Happy reading.
TiffanyNagle11
Currently Reading: The Minds of Billy Milligan
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanynagle11.html

Post by TiffanyNagle11 »

Thank you, Girl! Someone agrees with me! I could not put this first book down and I immediately ordered the rest of the series! I found it so much more engaging than the Fifty Shades Series. I found myself relating to the characters emotions and I would get SO jealous at everything, like I was the one in the relationship! I would feel their emotions and think of how it would affect my life if this were the situation for me. I loved this book!
aisha naval
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by aisha naval »

Hello everyone I would happily recommend that if you are making your mind about reading BARED TO YOU please go ahead !!
I'm really glad that I read this book. Sylvia Day has shown a very good mixture of romance and eroticism. It has one of the best written love scenes. Not only the main protagonists are great but the supporting characters are also amazing. I will conclude that the book is worth reading but you need to keep and open mind about all the possessiveness and past and how they deal with it
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Sylvia Day is a genius. Seriously, I adore her. Her books would feel like I was totally involved in the lives of the characters. Beautifully written!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Janine Eaton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janine-eaton.html

Post by Janine Eaton »

I must say I do love the crossfire series, I have been hooked since the first book was released and I came across it unexpectedly while looking for a more calming Danielle steel novel after the excitement and thrill of the fifty shades of grey series. however when I read the plot on the back of the book I did think oohhh another novel trying to be like fifty shades, I was firmly pleased when I started the book that this book had it own characters that drew you in and made you want to get to know them better,the only real similarities was the high class and powerful business man and this young women desperate for his want and touch, this I was very greatful for as this series is fantastic, the characters draw you in and you cant help you fall in love with them, they demons and battles feel like you living through it with them, I cant wait finish her fourth book.
Neha karia
Currently Reading:

Post by Neha karia »

Found the book kind off too erotic. The main characters seem to be sex maniacs. :lol: It is true that the story line is a little like that of Fifty Shades of Grey - Sexy and Wealthy man with troubled past and too much sex. But when you go half way through Book 1, you get engrossed in the book. i couldnt keep the book down. The story line is great. Each character has a story behind him/ her. Book 1 seems to keep you hanging for more as you anticipate as to how Eva is going to deal with her bff Cary. I have just started reading the second book and I am hoping for more romance between Gideon and Eva
faychem
Currently Reading: The Mistaken Billionaire
Bookshelf Size: 49

Post by faychem »

It was amazing. It was a more realisting version 50 shades.
mlmims45
Currently Reading:

Post by mlmims45 »

I finally bought Sylvia Day's Crossfire series books. I can't wait for them to come in! I liked Fifty Shades for the most part but I have been dying for something different. I've heard a lot about this Crossfire Series and how it is completely different from the Fifty Shades series. My books should be here soon so, I'll be posting a review of them one by one very soon.
Christinabooklover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinabooklover.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Christinabooklover »

I have read the first three books of the Crossfire series. I believe the characters were more compelling than in fifty shades. Like you I thought it will be a copy of the above before reading it.
Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” – JK Rowling
Spayne_99

Post by Spayne_99 »

I love the crossfire books. Sylvia Day is my favorite romance author. She just makes all her books really interesting. Once I picked up this book, I had to read the rest of them. Thankfully my mom had the whole series. It took me 2 days to read all of them. I love how they are real life people with real life relationship problems that have to go through struggles just to get where they want to be. Love love love these books!!!
Elixir0179

Post by Elixir0179 »

Yes Crossfire novels are definite must . I am looking for romance books with actual life and love problems that many face today
sri varshini303041
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sri-varshini303041.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by sri varshini303041 »

I am really looking forward to reading this one. It has been in my TBR list for a while now. maybe I should start right away. I always adore the broken -bad -boy -fixed -by -the- girl -and- he -makes- her -feel -complete -in -return style of a book.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I agree that it is similar to 50 shades, but I'd much rather read Bared to You. I felt it had more context and less angsty "do I/don't I" inner monologue that 50 had.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”