Official Review: Innocent Vixen by Shonene Ej

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Official Review: Innocent Vixen by Shonene Ej

Post by Delaney35 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Innocent Vixen" by Shonene Ej.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Innocent Vixen by Shonene Ej is a romantic romp back in time to rural America. This short novel follows the spunky young Clara. She is a strong woman who loves working on her family ranch breeding horses. Her father suffered an injury that left him unable to run many parts of the ranch, and, having no sons, Clara stepped up and shouldered a lot of the responsibilities. This left her little time for seeking a husband, which gained her the title of an old maid. However, her father decided that it was time and arranged a marriage for her to help facilitate a business deal. Will Clara be able to maintain her independence while married, and will she ever be able to love the stranger she was forced to marry?

It is a quick read, less than two hundred pages, and moved along at an excellent pace. The scenes flowed together, but they did not feel rushed. The movement also allowed for excellent character development. Both Clara and Marshall, her husband, were given an interesting character arc and backstory. Watching the two learn to live together and figure out how to balance their personal beliefs inside of their marriage was my favorite part of the book.

The focus of the book was the romance between Clara and Marshall, and there were several scenes with sexual content. They were done tastefully; however, this book is not suitable for younger audiences because of these scenes. In addition, if you are not a fan of erotic content, this is not the book for you. However, the romance is not the only interesting aspect of this book. There are some details about life on a horse ranch and more historical details that filled out the atmosphere of this book. The setting details bring a dimension to the novel that makes it quite enjoyable.

Grammatically, this book was excellent. There were a few small errors; however, they were insignificant and did not take away from the book. It appeared to have been professionally edited. There was also nothing I truly disliked about this book.

I am delighted to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a joy to read. I would recommend this to mature audiences looking for a romance set in the past. As mentioned before, this book is not suitable for younger audiences. However, if you are looking for a romance that has excellent characters and an interesting setting, this is an outstanding choice.

Innocent Vixen
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laurakish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurakish.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Laurakish »

What was so interesting about the romance between Clara and Marshall, You say they are learning how to live with each other, so did Clara manage to maintain her independence.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Been long I read anything on romaance, would check this out.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

It's less than 200 pages and it's got romance in it. My perfect kinda book! Thank you for the great review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

A short romance like this sounds like a good book for me. I find some romances tend to drag on so this is great! Thank you for the fantastic review.
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

Was looking for a light read. Looks like I found the one. Appreciate the insightful review. It hooked me in.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Ogugua Obinna Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna9058.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Ogugua Obinna Stephen »

Marrying a stranger, that is not easy. I hope they get along.
InventorT
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inventort.html
Latest Review: Better Dead Than Divorced by Lukas Thanasis Konandreas, M.D.

Post by InventorT »

Short romance sounds like a good read to me. Can’t wait to explore how Clara and marshal worked out. Nice review
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

The title is quite contradictory- Innocent Vixen- and intriguing to say the least.
This is a piece I would enjoy, especially the bit of romance.
Thanks for the nice review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I think this book takes us along Clara's journey where she learns what her life has in hold for her. I hope she gets along with her husband.
Miss_chiege
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Miss_chiege »

I love the book character, Clara. She is very dedicated in what she does for her family.
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Even though I can see (I think) where this is going, the hair on my back shot right up and my teeth involuntarily gritted at a thought of a forced marriage! Which makes this book a must-read for me :lol:

Thank you for such a thorough review :)
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

The perfect novel for a hopeless romantic looking for a lighter read. Thank you for the insightful review.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”