Official Review: The Artist's Muse by H. Taft N. III

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Official Review: The Artist's Muse by H. Taft N. III

Post by Erin Dydek »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Artist's Muse" by H. Taft N. III.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Noah Stone is a no-nonsense college art professor committed to helping his students succeed. One night, when this by-the-books instructor catches Charlotte Porter snooping through the art building, he finds himself surprised by the medical student's motive for breaking in after-hours. He continues to be intrigued by the fiery redhead and realizes her spirit has reawakened a passion for art that he forgot he had. Will her determination be the miracle required to save the day when Noah receives some devastating news?

The Artist’s Muse, by H. Taft N. III, is a short contemporary romance suited for all audiences. With no profanities or erotic scenes, the sweet tale is a clean, feel-good read.

I enjoyed many aspects of this short story. In particular, I loved the characters that the author created. Charlotte is wonderfully vibrant, and I loved her passion and determination. Noah, on the other hand, is quiet and reserved. As the story alternates from the third-person perspective of each character, the reader learns the backstories and what motivates these two dynamic people.

Further, through the short, progressive chapters, Taft crafted dynamic scenes with heartfelt emotions. The love-at-first-sight trope may feel a bit cliché, but the story within the pages remains fresh through the use of the present tense. While present tense is not typically my favorite tense to read in, I enjoyed how it was used to bring the reader right into each moment as the emotions of the relationship blossomed.

Although the story felt familiar and predictable, I still found myself fully engaged as the plot developed, and I was satisfied with the conclusion. The Artist’s Muse makes for an excellent one- to two-sitting read—depending on your reading speed—and does not contain any shocking or unsettling scenes. I did not find anything to dislike about the story except for the numerous editing errors. As tends to happen while writing in the present tense, the verbs occasionally slipped back into the past tense incorrectly, and there were also a few other minor grammar errors.

Overall, The Artist’s Muse is well written with a straightforward storyline. Readers looking for a quick and cozy read will be well rewarded by choosing this romantic tale. For this reason, I rate the book three out of four. A one-star reduction was required due to the editing errors.

I noticed that The Artist’s Muse is listed as book two of The Calculation of Love series, but it is not necessary to read the previous story to enjoy this tale. Book one features the development of a romantic relationship between two engineers working on the same project. An office romance story that steps outside the box, The Calculation of Love sounds unique and exciting. I certainly enjoyed the second installment enough to be enticed toward the first one in the series!

The Artist's Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Koltrast
Currently Reading: The Eye of Illumination
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koltrast.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Koltrast »

Quiet bookworm meets vibrant wild child is one of my favourite romantic tropes, and I LOVE the idea of switching it around so the artist is the quiet one and the medical student the lively. If I ever feel like romance I'll give it a try. Excellent review. I agree with you with the struggles of writing (and reading) in present tense.
"Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?"
- The Sound of Music
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I find myself asking “what devastating news could it be?” I guess I would have to read the book to find out. This is a story I will enjoy and look forward to reading.
Nice job with the review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice feel good romantic tale revolving Charlotte who is a medical student and Noah stone, art professor. No profane or erotic scene makes the book "The Artist's Muse" by H. Taft, quite appealing to read.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Irene_A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-a.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Irene_A »

Love that the story is straight to the point and also a romantic tale. Thanks for the review!!
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

I don’t read many books in the present tense due to the errors, and I’d hope this isn’t too distracting to read. Still, I’ll give this book a try due to your enticing review.
Adrianna Melillo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Revolutionary Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrianna-melillo.html
Latest Review: Spring Fed by Bill Plyler

Post by Adrianna Melillo »

This sounds like a fun, light-hearted weekend read. I'll definitely add this to my list. Great review!
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Two things got my attention here. Firstly, the creation of the plot was carried out efficiently and secondly, is the character development. These two has a way of doing the work for me. Commendable work.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I'm fascinated by books written in the present tense. It's really difficult to do that well, so not surprising that the author had some oopsies. Thanks for a great review! :D
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

The book will keep the readers engrossed and keep them satisfied from the beginning to the end. Appreciate the review.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Not always a great sign when the book’s title is misspelled on its own cover, but I was curious about whether this tale was a standalone story from the 1st one, so thanks for your helpful and insightful review! I love art and medicine, so novels that mention those themes entice me.
Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: If Only by Elaine Blick

Post by Fernando222 »

I'm impressed to know this book is suitable for all ages despite being a romance novel. You chose a good book.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Are there any references related to Art in this book? I mean is it specifically focused on Art lovers?
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

Adrianna Melillo wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 08:03 This sounds like a fun, light-hearted weekend read. I'll definitely add this to my list. Great review!
I couldn't agree more.
rie_mer26
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rie_mer26 »

First impression is everything and if the cover has an incorrect spelling then it might be a turn off to readers.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”