Review by Wonna33 -- Chameleons by Onyx Gold

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wonna33
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonna33.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B07M8QVTK1

Review by Wonna33 -- Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by Wonna33 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Exasperated by her lackluster career as a Junior Literary Agent, Zia Lennox is in search of that next great transcript that will take her career to the next level. Suffering from severe anxiety attacks, while attempting to hide them from others, has caused her to be anti-social and unable to enjoy life. With the help of her best friend and co-worker Jazz, she plans to reacquaint herself with the world, but at her speed.

When Zia first meets Investment Attorney Bryce Fink, in her company's office building, she is smitten by his muscular biceps and southern charm. Bryce's interest in her has now triggered her anxiety, but she can't stop thinking about him. Initially, she tries to avoid him, but Bryce's instant love for her ultimately gives her the courage to give him a chance.

Genuinely thinking things can't get any better, Zia begins to have feelings for her newest client, Baxter Leopold. Baxter submits a novel transcript that she instantly deems a hit. She's confident it will be a future bestseller. Zia is drawn to Baxter and soon finds herself in love with two men. Zia will cross lines and make enemies, all while sending her life into a tailspin. As lies begin to unravel, Zia realizes that both men are not who she believed they were.

Chameleons by Onyx Gold is an intriguing story that held my attention from beginning to end. The author's writing style is legit. Love can find you unexpectedly, but should it cause you to abandon all common sense? I like how Zia's thoughts and emotions are relatable to any woman who has ever suffered from anxiety or the fear of being judged by their peers. Self-esteem can play a big role in how and why we make the choices we do. Having good friends around can help.

Furthermore, Zia and Jazz's friendship offers readers a hearty dose of girl power. Sharing a sisterhood that can't be broken, even in the darkest of times. I can always appreciate a good friend dynamic. Even a recluse can benefit from having at least one friend who understands them.

The graphic sex scenes and overall subject matter makes this book for adult audiences only. I feel this story would be appealing to fans of unconventional love stories that contain plenty of drama and suspense. These characters will have you wanting more. If you're shy about subjects containing explicit sexual encounters and bi-sexuality, then you should skip this one.

I inevitably gave this book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. I had to subtract a star because of formatting issues that were more than plenty. This book was not professionally edited, but with sufficient editing, this would undoubtedly become a 4-star book. I finished reading this novel pretty fast because it was hard to put down. I would definitely read again.

Chameleons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”