The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JeannieHallAuthor
Currently Reading: First Grave on the Right
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Post by JeannieHallAuthor »

I love the intensity of the men in these books. The whole vampire/alpha/super sexy thing is so fun to read. :)
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Swiftmover07 »

The spin off Blood Legacy is awesome. Lots of female power in that one :-)
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
TracyW
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracyw.html

Post by TracyW »

I have read this series through twice now. I love a good romance novel but I enjoy so much more when there is some suspense involved. I also enjoy the paranormal elements that make you feel as if you are truly experiencing a new world. Vishous was my absolute favorite and Zsadist as a close second. I think I enjoy these two the most because they are the tortured souls you want to cheer for and hope they can become the hero.

The drama in these novels is always different and keeping you guessing. I have not had a chance to read the new spin off series but I am truly looking forward to it. The only paranormal series I have found that I liked more than this one was Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole.
JaydaMax
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaydamax.html

Post by JaydaMax »

I have read this series many times and love it like it was the first time every time. It does follow a formula but I think that's what makes it work. You know it will be a great story, have hot sexy scenes and a HEA. I recommend it often.
Redsilverfang
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Redsilverfang »

I have been completely enamored with this series from the first page of Dark Lover. I was immediately pulled into another world where Vampires had a caste system and a hierarchy of their own and existed right under the nose of humans without them knowing any better. The brotherhood is made up of some badass vamps who are more than a little rough around the edges(especially in Zsadist's case.) They fight against tremendous odds frequently and not everything ends up happily ever after. That dose of reality and spice of loss and pain within the story makes it have much more depth and emotion, and makes it an all around more enjoyable read. It is an amazing series that promises steamy sex, fast paced action, and an involved and in depth background. On more than one occasion I found myself weeping and laughing along with the characters. You simply can't help but get pulled in. J.R. Ward is a magician of an author and I look forward(hopefully) to many more books being added to this series.
hopeh80
Currently Reading: The Spirit Who Speaks

Post by hopeh80 »

I love this series. Every time I read a new book she's wrote about the Black Dagger Brotherhood it's like I'm visiting old friends. I can't wait to read the newest one she's coming out with.

-- 08 Oct 2016, 21:12 --

I love this series. Every time I read a new book she's wrote about the Black Dagger Brotherhood it's like I'm visiting old friends. I can't wait to read the newest one she's coming out with.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I copied this from a discussion regarding the vampire series that I had most recently read. I noticed that this topic was in the new posts and thought I would copy over my previous comments.

"The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward is my vampire series of late. I have enjoyed all the characters and the world of the brotherhood in their fight for survival against the Lessening Society, a fanatical group out to destroy the vampire species. Ward follows each warrior of the brotherhood as they battle for life, love, and each other. I have found the characters all have depth. The males are powerful, self-assured, and drop-dead sexy while their females are head strong and worthy of the devotion of their mates. Ward creates an engaging and action-packed series that does not fail to entertain. The sexual tension and ultimate consummation between warrior and true mate satisfies those looking for romance, eroticism, and a just plain good read."

I am looking forward to The Chosen. It will be interesting to see how Ward deals with Xcor and Layla! The tension between them in The Shadows was pretty intense. Characters that need further development include Saxton with a new love interest, Assail and Marisol, and a love interest for the Twins. I haven't read any of the spin off books yet.
cdwagers2016
Currently Reading: Dark Prince
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cdwagers2016 »

While I have not read all of the BDB Series I have read enough to know I love them! I like having my cake and eat it too, so anytime you combine love, redemption, butt-kicking and the paranormal with a bit of coitus bliss, (not especially in that order), then I am there. She's a wonderful writer that keeps the story moving at a fast enough pace that it is not a book I can put down until it is finished (unless the real world drags me kicking and screaming into the kitchen or workplace). A great series, highly recommend to anyone who likes the paranormal erotic romance genre.
Waugh a617
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waugh-a617.html

Post by Waugh a617 »

I love this series! One of my faves, I read every single one even if I don't buy it. I like paperbacks so I usually wait to buy until it then but read as soon as they as released.
variek-
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-variek.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by variek- »

I loved this series especially lover Eternal. I loved Rhage and Mary's story. I also liked Lover awakened Zsadist and Bella story was also good.
Alyssa yutko26
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa-yutko26.html

Post by Alyssa yutko26 »

My favorite genre to read is paranormal. My most favorite series is the popular Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J R Ward. From the first book i was hooked. It is about a group of vampires who call themselves the brotherhood. They are the kings men. Not only do they protect Wrath the king but the whole city of Caldwell. The brotherhood is in a full blown war with the Lessening Society. Each member of the Brotherhood has their own series. Not only is Rhage a vampire but also a dragon that comes out when he is mad.J R Ward is amazing at what she does. Every book will leave you wanting more after you finish it. My favorite brothers are Wrath who is the king, Zsadist and Vhischous.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

Alyssa yutko26 wrote:My favorite genre to read is paranormal. My most favorite series is the popular Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J R Ward. From the first book i was hooked. It is about a group of vampires who call themselves the brotherhood. They are the kings men. Not only do they protect Wrath the king but the whole city of Caldwell. The brotherhood is in a full blown war with the Lessening Society. Each member of the Brotherhood has their own series. Not only is Rhage a vampire but also a dragon that comes out when he is mad.J R Ward is amazing at what she does. Every book will leave you wanting more after you finish it. My favorite brothers are Wrath who is the king, Zsadist and Vhischous.
I am a fellow BDB fan! I started the series earlier this summer and it became an obsession. I have read them all and await The Chosen scheduled to come out in early 2017. I have many of the titles on Audible and love the narrator, Jim Frangione. I really love Quinn and Blay's story and Vishous is an interesting character as well. I want to know more about Assail and Marisol! I look forward to the continuation of the series!
SouthWest
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-southwest.html

Post by SouthWest »

Wow. Sounds like I need to add this series to my reading list. I keep coming across it and it sounds like an interesting read, but the fact that there are so many books in the series has made starting it a daunting task. However, after reading everyone’s glowing praise, I’m going to have to reconsider.
ldlove04
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldlove04.html

Post by ldlove04 »

She has a spin off series that is very good also. It introduces new characters but still give glimpses into the brothers lives.
Annaruthus
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annaruthus.html

Post by Annaruthus »

Wow, now this is a pretty awesome vampire series. The twist on the dependence upon blood was refreshing (I won't say more). J.R. Ward kind of recycles the plotline. Each book focuses on a different brother, he wants a lady, his issues get in the way, something tragic happens, then they end up together (albeit, the endings often are not perfectly happy). So not a series that is going to change your life necessarily, but I usually reread the last few books in the series before reading whichever one is new.

I enjoyed the slang in the book; it didn't feel forced, but added an element to the Brothers. The extravagance in which they live is dream worthy for sure.

I enjoy the fact that every character has their own issues to work through. This makes them relatable despite being vampires. She does a really good job of getting readers invested in the Brother or Brothers who will be the focal point of subsequent novels, so they aren't just the main character out of nowhere.

If you enjoy supernatural romantic stories with a heavy dose of action, then you will enjoy these novels. Later in the series, a couple of damsels who handle their own distress very well emerge too!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”