The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mccurdy1
Currently Reading: The Bride
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mccurdy1.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Post by mccurdy1 »

I love love love this series!!!! Can't wait for the new book to come out in December then Rhage's book in the spring!!! Anyone looking forward to the Bourdon Kings?!?!? J.R.Ward is a Boss!!!!
mollymew
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymew.html

Post by mollymew »

LOVE this series, but it can be super dark. However, I think Ward balances the dark with lighthearted moments in the stories. I also like that she doesn't shy away from exploring nontraditional romantic partnerships. Representation is good! Great books and great world building on her part!
butterfly1963

Post by butterfly1963 »

I love this series !!! The characters of The Black Dagger Brotherhood are delightful and J. R. Ward's writing makes them come to life. When I read this series, it's like a movie in my head !!! It's a dark and sensual with a little humor. Looking forward to her new series, The Bourbon Kings !!!
clarkfarm

Post by clarkfarm »

I love this series!!! I have them on audio book and listen to them on my way to and from work. I absolutely love Rhage and Mary the most. They are such opposites but yet are so perfect for each other. I get excited when I hear how they're doing in the other books in the series. I also love Zsadist and Bella and the obstacles they went through in order to be together.
J.R. Ward writes incredible characters. I always feel the same emotions that each character is going through or laugh a lot especially with Butch and Vishous. ( I think they're hilarious) but the best part is even when the book is done you still hear how they're doing in the other books after that.
Tharmini
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharmini.html

Post by Tharmini »

I remember buying "Lover Unbound" at the store. This was not the typical genre I read at that time. It wasn't even the first book in the series & I was totally rolling my eyes at the vampire concept (NOTE: When I bought this book Twilight was a big hit). I didn't want to catch the whole "vampire" fever - so I flipped through the pages in the bookstore & lucky landed on a fighting scene. I bought the book & have never regret it since. I have read the whole series & my absolute favourite is "Lover at Last". I remember counting down to the days until the book came out & even bought it on the first day. I read "Lover Reborn" several times because I just loved the scenes with Blay and Qhuinn. Their whole relationship & how it changed was just so touching. I think this was my first exposure to a homosexual relationship in a book & I was totally intrigued. When I read the last few pages of "Lover Reborn" & learned that the next book was going to cover Blay & Qhuinn's relationship in detail - I was extremely happy. My only concern was that JR Ward would not do as well a job with their story as she did with the rest of the series. I am happy to say I was soooo wrong. I read the book in one sitting (I did skip a few part irrelevant to the Blay / Qhuinn storyline in my first read) & found it totally worth the wait. The anguish, the need, the love...it was all extremely well written. Overall, I give two thumps up for the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.
slygirl414
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slygirl414.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by slygirl414 »

The Black Dagger books were my first vampire series. I was hooked from the first book! I absolutely love all of the Brothers! JR Ward is a wonderful writer. I can read these again and again. I love them so much that I have them all in print and on my Kindle .
Jdurand2
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9434">Born of Night (The League Series Book 1)</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Queen (The Dark Queens Book 5)
Bookshelf Size: 1369
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdurand2.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by Jdurand2 »

I really liked this series but got a little burned out and did not read the last two. To me it just seemed like she was trying to hard keep the story line going. I am going to read the last couple that I didn't, so maybe my interest will be peaked again.
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by stacihunsinger »

The new book that just came out Blood Kiss was really very good. It took on a different side of the Brotherhood that was very refreshing!! Can't wait for The Beast to come out!!
c7alex9
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by c7alex9 »

This series is absolutely thrilling. When I start a new book, it only takes me a day or two finish it. They are hard to put down, even for sleep. I just finished reading Lover Eternal and have decided to take a break from the brothers for a bit, but I miss them. I am completely obsessed with Zsadist and Viscous; I love the back stories and how they have overcome such brutality and have evolved into such strong members of the brotherhood.
LK28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lk28.html

Post by LK28 »

Hard to pick a favourite from this series but I'd have to say Vishous. I thought his habit of dropping the word "true" everytime he confirmed something was so well done. You can just imagine it in your head. Love it when authors are able to do this, convey a character in such a way that they're almost real. I also liked the way his friendship with Butch was worked up throughout the series, very clever.
Lady_liTTle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Beautiful Bastard</a>
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-little.html
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Lady_liTTle »

This series has sooo many books in it, I'm scared! lol
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
Jdford
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdford.html

Post by Jdford »

Love this series! Just finished Blood Kiss yesterday. Love that JR Ward writes so well from a guy's point of view. Can't wait for more BDB books!
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Swiftmover07 »

I love the BDB series, I've read them several times. I like how it is modern day with modern concepts, yet also holds to a lot of old vampire lore. Zsadist is my favorite ( I even have the travel mug to prove it :) I do agree that some of the writing becomes redundant but at the same time you get more details about each brother. The King and The Shadows kind of help refresh the series i think, because they didn't go exactly as you expected them to. Also i recommend reading the novella J.R. Ward has to accompany the series, just for more background details that aren't really explained in the book
Freida Livery
Bookshelf Size: 2897
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Freida Livery »

Vishous is the man! (er..Vampire)
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
ValMarie15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by ValMarie15 »

I had loved this series since the first book. I still have a few of the newer ones to finish up reading. I love that there is more of a story line to them then other erotic books out there and that the series is well tied together (and tied to another one of Ward's series). These books are the kind I stay up half the night reading.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”