The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Books Galore
Currently Reading: Say You're Sorry
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Post by Books Galore »

CommMayo wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 10:01 I can't believe how much people pay for audiobooks when most folks can get them for free. Your County library's webpage should let you know which digital subscription services they use. I'm in Maryland and have my old library memberships in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Between the Overdrive and RBdigital apps, I've got a steady stream of commuting audiobooks for the cost of a free library card. They also lend out free ebooks for kindle or other tablets.
Yeah, I use my local libraries (City and County) to check out ebooks. I LOVE that! With what all they have to offer, I hardly EVER pay for a book I want to read. :) I just tend to find that most of the audiobooks they have aren't books I'm interested in. It seems the audiobook content isn't as vast yet. I had looked into Amazon's Audible but, I just couldn't justify the fee.
ngtlgt4u
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ngtlgt4u »

I have read all the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series and i love them. They have such diversity in life and loss of loved ones with the pain of loss and sometimes we get over it. Sometimes life has its own ideas by throwing you into life weather you are ready or not or throws you a curve ball. These books have it all. Protecting the innocent. Forgiving your enemy while finding out it was a misunderstanding. Falling in love with the opposite sex when you thought you where straight or wanted to be straight. Falling in love love who is suppose to be the enemy. Over coming pain with drugs or realizing sometimes drugs can help you get threw your day ro become a better person. They protray life not fantasy.
Shaggy-Reads
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads »

This amazing author and her series changed my view on romance and erotic books. I absolutely love all of her characters and their complexity she weaves so well. You can see many of the series scenarios happening in the world minus the fangs. I have read all but the last release and am excited to see where she goes with the legacy series she has now began. Those first 2 books are phenomenal and are a great extension of the original series. Because I love this series it has opened a whole new genre of books to me and I love so many difrrrnt authors and writing styles. Reading is about getting lost in the world the author creates for you to get lost in. Ward is one of the best and you won't regret reading even one of these books. Outstanding and makes you lining to learn note about this community of characters. I can’t wait to see how much further she goes. I am super hopeful to read about the next generation of children as they grow and fall in love as they learn from their parents and the community of inclusion and love while battling the aristocracy and their prejudices. Will the next generation show the community that inclusion is the knlnway they can all survive the threat of the omega? How strong a leader will Lassiter prove to be? I have so many questions and can’t wait. Love love love this series
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I'm half way through The Thief. Before you pick it up, I suggest you brush up on Assail's and Sola's backstory. There are a lot of references to the prior book they were featured in and I found myself straining to remember all of the details.

There is also a lot about V and Doc Jane, and there some big time foreshadowing about a minor character from prior books I totally forgot about but can't wait to see what happens. So far, I'm really digging the book.
Mwalker779

Post by Mwalker779 »

I love this series of books it gives a new take on vampires and how they live. I love that you see them have families and real struggles that you can relate to in real life. I get lost in these books for hours great fun to read.
Shorty-79
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Shorty-79 »

Love this series,will NEVER be another like it!!
Babyshamu98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyshamu98.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts

Post by Babyshamu98 »

Thank you so much for the tip. My mom has been recommending them to me for many months, but I haven’t gotten around to reading them yet. After reading all of these great reviews I think I will try them.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

My favourite books in the series are Qhuinn and Blays book and John and Xhex's book. It's more than just the plot and the characters (these are definitely 10/10). J.R. Ward's writing style is just phenomenal. Some people are put off by the swearing and the irreverent profanity but I don't mind it. I love the entire series.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasiwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by TasiWin »

Shadowed_Gates wrote: 28 Sep 2013, 23:03 This series is so good. I love Zsadist, Rhage, and JM. It is so incredibly sexy and I LOVE that it doesn't shy at all on the homo-erotica scale. Lover at Last could have been terrible but it worked so well into the series flow.
i lo ed Zsadist's most. He had so many issues. I was just glad he got peace in theend
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

ngtlgt4u wrote: 10 May 2018, 21:55 I have read all the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series and i love them. They have such diversity in life and loss of loved ones with the pain of loss and sometimes we get over it. Sometimes life has its own ideas by throwing you into life weather you are ready or not or throws you a curve ball. These books have it all. Protecting the innocent. Forgiving your enemy while finding out it was a misunderstanding. Falling in love with the opposite sex when you thought you where straight or wanted to be straight. Falling in love love who is suppose to be the enemy. Over coming pain with drugs or realizing sometimes drugs can help you get threw your day ro become a better person. They protray life not fantasy.
You summed it all up. By the tie you get to the last book, it feels like you have experienced everything life has to offer
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Annaruthus wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 10:18 Wow, now this is a pretty awesome vampire series. The twist on the dependence upon blood was refreshing (I won't say more). J.R. Ward kind of recycles the plotline. Each book focuses on a different brother, he wants a lady, his issues get in the way, something tragic happens, then they end up together (albeit, the endings often are not perfectly happy). So not a series that is going to change your life necessarily, but I usually reread the last few books in the series before reading whichever one is new.

I enjoyed the slang in the book; it didn't feel forced, but added an element to the Brothers. The extravagance in which they live is dream worthy for sure.

I enjoy the fact that every character has their own issues to work through. This makes them relatable despite being vampires. She does a really good job of getting readers invested in the Brother or Brothers who will be the focal point of subsequent novels, so they aren't just the main character out of nowhere.

If you enjoy supernatural romantic stories with a heavy dose of action, then you will enjoy these novels. Later in the series, a couple of damsels who handle their own distress very well emerge too!
i also love the twist on blood dependency. made it stand out
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

TracyW wrote: 08 Apr 2016, 21:01 I have read this series through twice now. I love a good romance novel but I enjoy so much more when there is some suspense involved. I also enjoy the paranormal elements that make you feel as if you are truly experiencing a new world. Vishous was my absolute favorite and Zsadist as a close second. I think I enjoy these two the most because they are the tortured souls you want to cheer for and hope they can become the hero.

The drama in these novels is always different and keeping you guessing. I have not had a chance to read the new spin off series but I am truly looking forward to it. The only paranormal series I have found that I liked more than this one was Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole.
i have yet to meet a better paranormal. I will look this one up and compare
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

mccurdy1 wrote: 20 Jun 2015, 23:23 A Black Dagger Brotherhood Forum.....shut up!!!! Shout out to the CELLIES!!! The WARDen rocks. Zsadist is my fav hands down...Wrathis a really really close second. TRUE?!?!?!
haha true. Zsadist was my fav too, Wrath a close second and then V
rrdavis31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by rrdavis31 »

I absolutely love the series of BDB although I bought the boxed set of the first 4-5 in a used book store because the employee swore it was another Nora Roberts byline name like JDRobb and I have read the In Death Series more time than I can say. Needless to say I googled it after leaving the store only to find out differently. But,,,, I have not been disappointed there is evough going on with the brotherhood, sympathy’s, shadows lessers etc that keep me riveted to the books. Than you JRWard
BeautifulBlonde

Post by BeautifulBlonde »

I love the series so far. I’m a big fan of the main character development thus far as well as the legacy series characters. J. R. Ward has written a series that pulls you in to the point you can’t put the book down. I can’t wait for the next Black Dagger Brotherhood book!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”