Review by FABIAN_BATS -- One Way or Another

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FABIAN_BATS
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Review by FABIAN_BATS -- One Way or Another

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Way or Another: A Friends to Lovers Contemporary Romance (The Sisters Quartet book 1) by Mary J. Williams starts with a beautiful prologue that gives all the background information needed to understand and enjoy the entire book, for me, it was like the first bite of a cake that makes you eat it whole. It is a story centered on the romantic relationship between Adam Stone and Calder Benedict, the main characters in the book. Their first encounter is just as interesting and as dramatic as their relationship. There is also rising drama around them that is linked to their relationship.

Calder who runs a highly successful charity organisation is from a wealthy family, she has an often absent father, a loving but materialistic mother, and three irreplaceable sisters; Andi, the oldest, who runs a fashion empire, Bryce, Calder's twin, who is a passionate writer, and Destry, not your average girl by any means, with a mysterious job. There is a very interesting story behind their names, I absolutely loved it and could not stop smiling, you have to read the book to find out what it is. Their mum, Billie Benedict, and her boyfriend, Ingo Hunter, were mentioned quite a few times. Their family is without a doubt, unique.

It has 30 concise and interesting chapters. The character development is excellent, and one would easily feel what the characters feel. The whole setting has a very natural and realistic flow, yet full of color and creativity. The writing style is, in my opinion, perfect for the book, it is not too serious and not too relaxed, it is just perfect. The buildup of romance and drama is smooth and interesting. The author’s efforts in describing the characters and important details bring the entire book to life, this lifts the burden from the reader of imagining every action or navigating through the plot. There is also a constant presence of humor, always comes up at the right time. The characters’ sarcastic outbursts would knock you out with laughter if you do not brace yourself. This book is so well written, that I felt something toward every back-story.

The sisters shared such a powerful bond, it presents what I would call the perfect relationship amongst siblings really, they knew each other inside out and loved all their sides, good and not so good. They share big events in their lives in their meeting room, a room dedicated to sharing details about their lives and more.

I award One Way or Another: A Friends to Lovers Contemporary Romance (The Sisters Quartet book 1) 4 out of 4 stars, for being professionally edited, telling a beautiful story, and being full of life. I recommend this book to those who love romance, fiction, and a little drama. This may be a good read for someone attempting a romantic-fiction for the first time.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fabian
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

I've also read this book. The sisters really had an excellent relationship. Nice review.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
FABIAN_BATS
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

JM Reviews wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 23:18 I've also read this book. The sisters really had an excellent relationship. Nice review.
Thank you :P
Fabian
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Nice review. I just wanted to have a copy right now.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Miks_solon wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 09:43 Nice review. I just wanted to have a copy right now.
Thank you. It really is a good book.
Fabian
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I enjoy books with exceptional character development too.
Nice review.💫
FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 14:59 I enjoy books with exceptional character development too.
Nice review.💫
Thank you.
Fabian
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

While I am not into romance, the sibling relationship caught my interest. Nice review!
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book sounds really captivating. Relatable and well-developed characters are some aspects that caught my attention. It seems to be a great book. Thanks for the great review!
FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

Leen282 wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 06:38 While I am not into romance, the sibling relationship caught my interest. Nice review!
Thank you, It was interesting.
Fabian
FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

gabrielletiemi wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 06:48 This book sounds really captivating. Relatable and well-developed characters are some aspects that caught my attention. It seems to be a great book. Thanks for the great review!
Thank you, Character development is also a very important factor for me.
Fabian
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

This sounds like an amazing series that I would like to read. Calder's sisters I assume, will be the focus of the other books in the series. Thanks for the great review.
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

it was like the first bite of a cake that makes you eat it whole.
I like cake. Maybe I'll like this book.
This may be a good read for someone attempting a romantic-fiction for the first time.
Thanks for this. I haven't read too many romance novels, maybe this will help me see what I'm missing.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

kljrox wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 11:27 This sounds like an amazing series that I would like to read. Calder's sisters I assume, will be the focus of the other books in the series. Thanks for the great review.
Great observation! I totally agree. Thanks for the comment.
Fabian
FABIAN_BATS

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

drwcroaker wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 12:59
it was like the first bite of a cake that makes you eat it whole.
I like cake. Maybe I'll like this book.
This may be a good read for someone attempting a romantic-fiction for the first time.
Thanks for this. I haven't read too many romance novels, maybe this will help me see what I'm missing.
Lol cake is awesome. You should read the book. I have a good feeling you'd like it. Thanks for the comment.
Fabian

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”