Official Review: My heart in pieces by Andrea Osborne

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Official Review: My heart in pieces by Andrea Osborne

Post by Delaney35 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My heart in pieces" by Andrea Osborne.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My heart in pieces by Andrea Osborne is a romance book that details the life of a young woman, Andrea. The book opens when she is a naïve, twenty-one-year-old who had only been living in the United States for two years. She is shy, a little awkward, and not much for parties. However, she is convinced to go to one. At the party, she meets Maurice. Andrea is immediately attracted to him, as is every other girl, though she feels like she does not have a chance. However, Maurice notices her too. Will their relationship work out? Is their attraction enough to make up for the multitude of differences between the two?

This book is a very quick read. It is less than fifty pages long, so it can easily be read in one sitting. However, it is not the most interesting book. The ending is made clear from the beginning, and the plot is predictable. I think Osborne should have tried to add a little more suspense or increased the stakes because it was not a satisfying read. I knew what was going to happen, and there was not much in the way of twists or breaks of expectations. This was my least favorite part of the book.

The book also was not well-edited. There were many grammatical errors in the book. Most of them were formatting issues such as spaces where space was not needed. It made reading a bit harder because it was visually jarring. In addition to the grammatical errors, the writing was bland.

The character of Andrea was my favorite part. Osborne did a good job of giving her a strong character arc. She started as a naïve girl and grew into a strong woman. Her development seemed tied to her relationships, which felt a little cliché. However, her character was dynamic. This was my favorite part of the book.

Overall, I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars. I think it has potential and could be an inspiring story. However, in its current state, I can not recommend it to any readers. It is poorly edited and felt flat overall. The character of Andrea has some potential, but there was no substance to the book. The book’s writing was very basic and did not provide interesting details. It simply stated what was happening and nothing more. I think if Osborne spent more time editing and adding details to this book, it would be a nice read. However, as it stands now, this is not a fulfilling read.

My heart in pieces
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
GiselleBengochea
Currently Reading: Nathan Turner and the New World Order
Bookshelf Size: 1720
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gisellebengochea.html
Latest Review: Terror In Manila by Frank Q. Aurillo Jr

Post by GiselleBengochea »

:no-spoil: My Heart in Pieces by Andrea Osborne is a romance novel that depicts the life of the protagonist, Andrea. It describes her first encounter with Maurice at a party. The plot in the narrative is not well developed. Thanks for your honesty in the review!
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

Romance. It's been so long I read one. Love is a beautiful thing and can always thrive if given the chance and good conditions. Great review
Micky_20
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Micky_20 »

Wow romance, love is beautiful and great. Thanks for the great review, I'll be reading this💯
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

It's unfortunate that the plot is too predictable. I might have given it a chance because I love a good book with rich character development. Thanks for your take on the book!
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Faithful Oso »

The fact that you could predict the end from the beginning just discouraged me. I'm a fan of romance novels, but this is a big No for me. Thanks for the review.
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Loneliness in the Pocket by Graeme Stuckings

Post by Frannie Annie »

I like romance but if something is too predictable and poorly edited I will probably pass. Good review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”