Review by Anthony__ -- One Way or Another

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review by Anthony__ -- One Way or Another

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams is the first book in the Sisters Quartet series that balances childhood memories, pains, and survival through adolescence. The Benedict sisters are more of a very formidable tag team. They are four sisters, namely: Andi, Calder, Bryce, and Destry mothered by Billie and fathered by four different fathers, respectively. They all assumed love wasn’t going to be their thing, a sharp difference they share with their mother, who happens to be blindly in love.

The Benedict sisters reveal the power of unity and the joy of having each other’s support at every point in their lives. In this book, the author focused more on Calder’s relationship. She just broke up with Milo Prendergast. As though luck was sweeping in her path, she strangely met Adam Stones. They had a seemingly casual meeting, and it soon set out that Calder is on her way of loving and being loved. Calder’s love life soon became joy and inspiration to her other sisters. However, not without opposition from Aurora, Adam’s casual sexual partner.

In preparation for a yearly gala night, Aurora sent Calder a picture of her and Adam in a compromising position. This act was the beginning of their problem. However, Adam was always ready to make things right. What happens next with their relationship? What is that secret that Calder needs to know? All the answers to these questions make One Way or Another an excellent read.

I love how Mary J. Williams gives detailed documentation of the Benedict from childhood to adulthood. It brings the reader into close touch with the realities of the Benedict’s lifestyles. Furthermore, the conclusion of each passage lays a foundation for the next chapter, which makes the storyline easy to understand. Also, I admire the subtle touch of professionalism in character development.

One Way or Another is one of a kind. However, I believe some details are not stressed enough. Notwithstanding, this did not affect the flow of the storyline.

Overall, I rate One Way or Another 4 out of 4 stars because it brings to clarity all subject matters that need to be known. It is well-written as I merely noticed a few punctuation errors which did not alter my reading experience. Also, the author provided enough information about the major and minor characters. Furthermore, I would recommend this book to young lovers who want to learn from a real-life love story.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”