Review by bkiss317 -- Chameleons by Onyx Gold

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bkiss317
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bkiss317.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Review by bkiss317 -- Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by bkiss317 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chameleons by Onyx Gold is a captivating story of love, lust, and mystery. I was captivated from chapter 1 and did not want to stop reading. Chameleons follows the story of Zia, a smart, savvy, woman who finds herself in a predicament many women would love to find themselves in. She finds herself falling in love with two attractive, wealthy men who seem to have fallen for her.

Zia is a literary agent who finds a gripping novel come across her desk. She falls in love with the story of a beautiful serial killer and the book’s author. She starts to see that the story she has been reading is eerily similar to that of the news but tells herself to ignore what she sees because she is falling for the author himself. Cheating on her boyfriend, she finds herself in a love triangle as she deals with the question of what she yearns for more, love or lust?

I did not want to put this book down. Onyx Gold’s writing style is captivating and enticing. He sucks you into this story as he leaves breadcrumbs while you read, foreshadowing future events. He lets you in on little secrets as you go. I like that even when the text seemed like it was going to be predictable, it turns you in directions you never even thought of. There was nothing about this book that was not to like. I enjoyed getting to know every character and thought the story was fantastic. You can really envision this book in your head as the author uses such descriptive language. I felt like I was watching a movie as I read this story.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave this book a 4 rating because I enjoyed every minute of this book. I had to see what happened to Zia and wanted to know what decisions she would make. I did not need to give it a 3 because the writing style was so captivating.

I would recommend this book for mature audiences. I believe women above the age of 16 would enjoy reading this book. This book has many sexual encounters, that are quite graphic. I would not recommend it for immature audiences and believe more women would enjoy reading about this love triangle more so than men. This book was captivating, thrilling, and left me wanting to read more by Onyx Gold.

Chameleons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”