Official Review: Whispering a Quiet Hope by Lisa Brennan

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Official Review: Whispering a Quiet Hope by Lisa Brennan

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Whispering a Quiet Hope" by Lisa Brennan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Brooke’s faith in her four-year marriage is thoroughly tested when she arrives home early from a trip to find her husband, Dylan, in bed with another woman. Bristling with anger, she ignores his pleas for forgiveness and kicks him out. She needs space and time to think.

Amidst the uncertainty of their separation, Brooke’s girlfriends insist that she come to California for a much-needed vacation. Brooke accepts, hoping that time away will put things in perspective. The opulent beachfront rental is just what the doctor ordered. Between being in the company of her closest friends and the intoxicating allure of the beach, Brooke begins to unwind. Brooke plans to have a relaxing trip with zero drama. Still, when her friends introduce her to Chayse, the fluttering of her heart tells her nothing about this trip is going to be relaxing.

Will Brooke open her heart to new possibilities, or will she forgive Dylan and go back to the life she has worked so hard to build?

When I picked up this book, I was desperately looking for an escape from the current happenings in the world. Whispering a Quiet Hope by Lisa Brennan delivered that wish, and I was quickly immersed in Brooke’s world. I was transported to a secluded beach where the only sound present was the crashing of waves. This delightful romance is comprised of about 250 pages. It is told in the third-person perspective following Brooke Delany as she goes through a period of self-discovery while coming to terms with her failing marriage.

As soon as I picked up the book, I felt an instant connection to the writing. The author penned sentences that were infused with vivid descriptions, and the result was an all-encompassing reading experience that left me devouring page after page. Upon Brooke’s arrival at the beach house, the author indulged my curiosity with this description. She wrote, “The first thing she is drawn to is the sound of trickling water from the infinity pool with a waterfall that overlooks the ocean.” There were many more gems like that one ensconced between chapters in this addictive novel.

Although I felt the most profound connection to Brooke’s character, the book had a cast of memorable characters worth mentioning. Nora was Brooke’s supportive best friend and, most often, her shoulder to cry on. Divina was the resident diva; she was witty and brutally honest. Maggie was Brooke’s cooky younger sister and was often the comedic relief. Finally, the book would not have been complete without Chayse. With his thick Aussie accent, hypnotic eyes, and unrelenting attentiveness towards Brooke, he made a worthy love interest.

There was nothing that prevented me from giving Whispering a Quiet Hope a perfect score; it included a lovable cast and impeccable writing. The book was professionally edited with a few minor errors which didn’t detract from the overall reading experience. That being said, I chose to give it a rating of four out of four stars.

This book is intended for adult readers due to the graphic descriptions of sexuality. The author employs a no-holds-barred approach to the love scenes, and I would not recommend it to younger readers. For readers who want a beachy experience without having to leave their home, this book is for you! I would, of course, recommend you make yourself a piña colada so you can have the full experience!

Whispering a Quiet Hope
View: on Bookshelves
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

An interesting summary for a story of faith, betrayal and love.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Miller56 »

This sounds like a true romance novel. I am not a huge fan of romance, but this book sounds like a great lazy day reading book. The book sounds well-written with an interesting romantic plot. Thanks for providing a great review.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I love a good romance, but I prefer intimate scenes to be implied more than described. Loved your thoughtful review, though!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Stephanie Elizabeth

GPM wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 09:07 An interesting summary for a story of faith, betrayal and love.
Thank you!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Miller56 wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 09:21 This sounds like a true romance novel. I am not a huge fan of romance, but this book sounds like a great lazy day reading book. The book sounds well-written with an interesting romantic plot. Thanks for providing a great review.
Thanks for your comment.
Stephanie Elizabeth

SamSim wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 15:53 I love a good romance, but I prefer intimate scenes to be implied more than described. Loved your thoughtful review, though!
Thank you.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

With this kind of review, I'd really want this book in my Bookshelf. I would so love a beachy experience while I'm home. Thanks for this beautiful review.
naisausogolele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by naisausogolele »

I have read the above book and it was a good romance story but the fact of what is inside the content may not a good learning to individuals or person looking for life and true love. The story above revolves around two people who shared feelings and emotions together. It is only good for adults to read this book however it plays a negative effects to the younger generations We must know that life begins in a family and someone give so must trust to a lover and in return its is a sad ending we can only say that life is incomplete by gripping too much on self preferences.Satisfying the need of a personal desire.
we have to brighten up the world with books full of life. If you are an overcomer to a certain situation like this than I regard you as a hero. Begin a new life with so much energy surrounds you. Breath again!
Kwhitehead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwhitehead.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Kwhitehead »

I would love to give this book a read. I am not a huge fan of romance but after reading your review I may have to give this one a try! Thank you for a great review.
Brenda conley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Brenda conley »

I love a good romance novel on a rainy day. They seem to take you away from what is really going on outside in this crazy world.
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I am not sure if the erotica content in the book would be enough to prevent me from reading it. Not my style at all. However the story seems good enough to give it a try regardless. I really enjoyed to read your review!
Khristian Misola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khristian-misola.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Khristian Misola »

I often love stories such as these- The new life- troupe. It makes me wanna also leave a few bad memories behind and make a whole new life with new agendas! It seems like a good book to read while sipping coffee so kudos to the author!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”