Review by cap178 -- 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cap178
Favorite Book: 2612 Cherryhill Lane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cap178.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Review by cap178 -- 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

Post by cap178 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "2612 Cherryhill Lane" by Glenn Vo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are so many different ways to describe the book 2612Cherryhill Lane. Glenn Vo has done a great job in bringing the reader into the story and making it so real. The way the book is written, helps the reader have different emotions. I felt like a part of the story as if it really happened to someone I know. I could not put the book down.

There is pain and sorrow as a result of a tragedy because of one careless act. This careless act could very well happen to anyone in real life and the results could be the same. The way friends, family and even strangers help Jonathan with selfless acts of kindness and encouraging words, made me want to give my own words of encouragement. He discovers he is not alone to deal with all the painful things him and his family have gone through.

There is also joy and romance in the story. It is very heart warming to read a book that shows compassion and makes the reader want to reach out and cheer the couple on. Even though the book is not a religious one, it is nice to read passages from the bible to show how God is involved with Jonathan and his family. The journey Jonathan goes on to find what God has planned for him has ups and downs and a few surprises along the way.

To sum op the different emotions from reading this book, it has sadness, sorrow, happiness, joy, romance, depression, madness, kindness and a lot of love. It has times it makes your heart go out to the characters and then have you get mad at the same characters.

I believe this is one of the best books I have ever read myself personally. I enjoyed it so much I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I was happy to see the romance part of the book was kept to a minimum and didn't take over the story as in other books I've read. The only dislike I can say is I wish there was a follow up book to tell how the lives of these characters play out in life. I would recommend this book to anyone at any age. This book could be used to show how something can happen so fast and change lives forever.

2612 Cherryhill Lane
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”