Review by Mrunalpatki -- One Way or Another

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalpatki.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Review by Mrunalpatki -- One Way or Another

Post by Mrunalpatki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Way or Another is the first book in a series of four books subtitled the Sisters Quartet. Calder Benedict, the heroine of the novel, is the second eldest of four sisters who are children of divorce. Rich beyond words, beautiful and smart as they come, all the sisters are yet to find their prince charming. By the end of this book, maybe one of them (Calder) might get lucky.

Adam Stone a thorough gentleman throughout. Tall, slim, well-muscled, and the blue-eyed boy (literally) Adam was a man designed to make a woman’s pulse spike by a couple dozen beats. The two bump into each other unexpectedly, and then are not able to stop thinking about each other. The chemistry unfolds and we fall in love with both of them.

Mary J. Williams has given careful thought to the story and the characters, that is what I like best about the book. The four sisters, each have a distinct personality. They are strong, modern, and independent women and easy to fall in love with, and a solid team and a formidable force for anyone trying to bring them down. Their mother, Billie, sometimes loving, but mostly flighty and self-centered, is a character who seems very realistic with her flaws, but you instantly dislike her from the word go. The villain Ingo, a sleazy billionaire, will bring in the hate vibes for the reader. The other characters like Adam’s army friend and his wife, Aurora the jealous girl, Adam’s mother, the housekeeper Mrs.Finch and Milo the guy with only one intent for Calder are all well placed to the story and make the plot as clear as a picture in the reader’s mind. The background building and clearly defined characters makes the story an easy read.

A typical romance novel, what I disliked about the book was that the plot was a little too predictable for me. I would have liked a few more twists and turns in the whole story or another story developing on the sidelines. Although, let me assure you there is a final surprise in the story with an unexpected announcement towards the end. A surprise sure to get you running to the bookstore to get your hand on a copy of the next book in the series.

I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars as it is a well-edited book, with just a few punctuation errors here and there. This is a must-read book for all the hopeless romantics out there. But let me warn you the story is sprinkled with a few swear words, and the book also has one or two steamy scenes between Adam and Calder, so those who might find this offensive, stay away.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Think before you review. Read before you think. :techie-studyinggray:
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

Romance isn't my favorite genre, so I don't usually read them unless they have some unique take or twist, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Still, from your review, I'm guessing fans of the genre will enjoy it. Thanks for the review!
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:

Post by Mrunalpatki »

Thank you for reading my review and for your comments @Tomah .
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

I read and reviewed it a while ago and liked it too. It is definitely an enjoyable read for romance lovers. Thanks for the great review!
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:

Post by Mrunalpatki »

SomeoneInTheWorld wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 10:39 I read and reviewed it a while ago and liked it too. It is definitely an enjoyable read for romance lovers. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for the kind words.
snowbear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowbear.html
Latest Review: What am I by stephen Thiele

Post by snowbear »

Not really a fan of the romance genre, but this seems like a fun read! A lot of romance stories has already been written throughout the years, and so I wouldn't be surprised if the plot is predictable. However, the ending seems intriguing based on your review. Thanks for your review!
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:

Post by Mrunalpatki »

snowbear wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 01:11 Not really a fan of the romance genre, but this seems like a fun read! A lot of romance stories has already been written throughout the years, and so I wouldn't be surprised if the plot is predictable. However, the ending seems intriguing based on your review. Thanks for your review!
Have fun reading the book. Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”