Official Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Patricia Tolo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by Patricia Tolo »

The book sound interesting , I love complicated love stories and where crime is involve but I hate love triangle
Sakshi Kalshetty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sakshi Kalshetty »

This book is amazing :) iam glad that i got to read this kinda book and i love, love triangle
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

ritah wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 23:53 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is more than meets the eye in Onyx Gold’s steamy romance novel, Chameleon. Everyone isn’t what they seem, and everyone isn’t who they say they are. What begins as a sweet romantic encounter becomes complicated. On the other side of the pond, what starts as a thrilling attraction quickly turns deadly.

Chameleon’s enthralling and sometimes erotic tale has a nice balance of romance, suspense, and crime. Are you in for the wild ride? If so, buckle up and get ready to be thrusted into a world full of lust (titillating and passionate sensual scenes), romantic love, family drama, betrayal, and even murder!

Having sworn off love, Zia Lennox sets her sights on making the most out of her career as a literary agent. Things start looking up for her when she receives an exceptionally well-written, dark crime thriller novel from a mysterious aspiring author. Back at her office building, though, she finds a deep alluring attraction to the new, handsome, and charming investment attorney, Bryce Fink. However, the more she communicates with the mysterious author, the more she’s drawn to him by his charm and their seemingly genuine connection. Despite her anxieties and reservations on love, she eventually finds herself entangled in a messy love triangle. Both men have their own deep secrets and dark pasts (one more sinister than the other’s). Whose past and secrets could prove to be Zia’s undoing? Will Zia be able to untangle herself from the web of lies she spun?

Author Onyx Gold masterfully spins a riveting, fast-paced tale full of evocative descriptions. Though the narrative is written in the third person, the focus switches between the worlds of the two main characters. On one hand, you get the front-row seat to Zia’s life and those she interacts with; on the other hand, you take a deep dive into the homicidal, manic thoughts of a serial killer. The well fleshed-out, convincing characters were complemented by the immersive and skillfully crafted atmosphere. One of my favorite supporting characters was Jazz; she’s the kind of friend everyone needs through the ups and downs of life. I especially appreciated the natural chemistry and interactions between the characters, whether it was in a romantic setting, genuine friendship, or even with a nemesis. Of course, the characters weren’t perfect; some of Zia’s traits irked me. I sometimes wondered how she often missed seeing the obvious. I also didn’t like the attitude and judgments she had toward wealthy people.

The lively dialogue, effortless humor, and dramatic scenes kept me glued to the pages while the ever-rising tension had me on the edge of my seat. The unanticipated plot twists in the characters' relationships and serial killer's plans kept me intrigued and disturbed by the revelations at times. In addition to the excellent writing and captivating storyline, the book appeared to be professionally edited; I only encountered minimal errors. It goes without saying that the book contains vivid descriptions of violence and sexual content and is thus most suitable for a mature audience.

Fans of romance and dark crime will enjoy this novel. I award this captivating read a much-deserved 4 out of 4 stars. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Chameleons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Excellent review!!
Jamaica Lamorena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Jamaica Lamorena »

I think this book is very interesting and i can’ Wait to read it
Tsebo Moeketse
Currently Reading: Chameleons

Post by Tsebo Moeketse »

I like the concept of the narrative and who the author conveys it's content to the reader. The book is very interesting, in a sense that I connects you with real life even that one can relate to. Especially the love stories and its untold mysteries. Who have ever thought that such a beautiful thing as love can lead to regrets ending. We all hope for true loving but the reality of the matters is that we really can't be in a position to can tell whether one could love unconditional and truthful or not. I like it I hoping to finish it soon.
Amantle Tirafalo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amantle-tirafalo.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Amantle Tirafalo »

Just finished reading the review,this book sounds like my kind of book and i want to jump on it right away..
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

A love triangle, lively characters, humor, intrigue and murder could add up to an interesting crime/romance novel. The violence and explicit content makes me want to pass on this one.
Linda Mofokeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Linda Mofokeng »

The book sound intresting I can imagine the rage and anger that is going to arise when the Romance takes a turn of murder and betrayal,I wonder how is she going to untangle herself out of this dangerous love triangle
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I'm definitely interested in reading this. While I generally dislike love triangles, the crime and thriller aspects make me want to give this a go.
Thanks for the great review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I'll give this book a try. Us review definitely made me add this book in my shelf thanku
luemo
Currently Reading:

Post by luemo »

A well written book, it shows, with an equaling alluring cover. The review by ritah, summarizes and captures all. The world is not customized, and so are the realities of daily existence, much so issues of the heart, such as love and romance, with its attendances of deception, and betrayals and even, guile and to the extremes, crime. A must read and an avid companion for one who loves suspense, thriller, and intrigues. Its also a plus to the author for being able to plan the events in the book and manage the outcomes for the aim of entertainment of readers.
Elijah Mwangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah-mwangi.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elijah Mwangi »

the review is awesome. But this book is definitely not one of the books that I will wish to read.
CoolReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolreads.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by CoolReads »

Great review. I was intrigued by the serial killer angle, and the book sample allowed me to catch a glimpse of the possible killer. I also wondered if the brief outline provided for Chiseled Bone is a hint of the upcoming plot twist in this book. Guess I need to keep on reading to find out.
Love Pope

Post by Love Pope »

This story is very intriguing. The reason for that being said, Zoa was desperately in love strangely and erotically, that it leads her to be entangled in love. It can be tough when you're in a love triangle, love is truly blind and lust can lead you astray. Everyone isn't what they seem, and everyone isn't who they say they are!
Kateflora
Currently Reading: Drowning a Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Kateflora »

Your review is so good, now I want to read this even more

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”