Review by godly02 -- One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
godly02
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godly02.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Review by godly02 -- One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by godly02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Way Or Another written by Mary J. Williams is a romance novel. We get to see that being born with a silver spoon in your mouth will not guarantee you a happy childhood or a healthy home.

Let me start by introducing you to the Benedict sisters. These girls were indeed born with a silver spoon in their mouths but they are not your typical girls with money. The oldest Benedict sister is Andi, then comes the twins Calder and Bryce leaving Destry as the youngest of the four.

They are honestly the opposite of what you can imagine. They do not allow the money to control who they are as individuals. You will see four completely different personalities but what I love about this is the sisterly bond that they have. They know each other very well, likes, dislikes, if something is wrong, etc. The sisters even have a way of communicating with each other without saying a word. Reading the way, they knew what the next sister was thinking or feeling made me feel like one of the Benedict sisters as well. The way the details are placed in the storyline allows you to envision everything that you are reading. It allows you to feel the bond these sisters have with each other but also with Mrs. Finch, she's the cook of the family and the only real mom the girls had.

The part that I liked the most was learning how each sister's name came to be. Their mother's maiden name is Benedict. When their mother Billie found out that her husband was cheating on her she decided not to give her firstborn the father's last name. Instead, she decided to name the baby with her father's last name as the first name and her last name was given to the baby. When she did this for the first child it then became a tradition for each child to carry their father's last name as their first name. Now if you recall from my introduction each child has a different first name. This is because each child including the twins has a different father. I can’t spoil how this happened but if you know how babies are made then you can guess the answer on your own without reading it. When I read this part, I had to read it again.

From that little bit of information that I have given you about their names, you can guess that their mother has a tendency of having multiple relationships or something is going on with her in the love department. Due to their mother's lack of relationship success with the opposite sex, the Benedict girls have a distorted view when it comes to men, love, trust, relationships, and marriage. Their fathers didn’t help much in this department as well they only co-signed what the sisters believed due to how their fathers were with them. Due to this issue and the fact that they come from money it is hard for the girls to trust men. They have to constantly wonder or make sure that the men in their lives are after them, and not their money. With that being said this book gives you a first hand at Calder’s love life when it comes to her and Adam. How the mistrust can develop in a second with the girls and those around them. Calder needs to make sure that she keeps her heart protected at all costs, while Adam is trying to prove that her money means nothing to him, he loves who she is, not what she has.

The way the author has written this book you have no idea if Calder and Adam will make it. I found myself trying to guess if Calder was going to allow herself to give Adam a chance. If the sisters were going to accept him into the family especially with the bond that they share and the respect they have for each other’s approval, and opinions. We also get a small view of the other girls and their lives as well. I can’t wait to read the next book which covers Destry who is such a mystery.

Based on my reading, I will give this book a 4 out of 4 stars I did not see any grammatical errors. There are a few F words in there and sex scenes that are not explicit. I would recommend this book to those that love romance novels, and due to the nonexplicit sex scenes, I would say this book is for adults.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”