Review by Clh_73 -- Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clh_73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clh-73.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by Clh_73 -- Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Clh_73 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Looking Glass Friends" by E L Neve.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve is a romance novel containing 2 main characters and 5 supporting characters. The story takes place in Washington State. The story is about a man and a woman who are essentually strangers except for seeing each other at a bakery where the man works and the woman buys baked goods. The man at the bakery who's name is Neil is married to a woman named Fay. The woman who buys the baked goods whose name is Ellie is married to a man named Jake and they have a five year old son named Johnny.

The story is about these two couples that seem pretty happy, but Ellie and Neil discover that there's an intellectual part of them that has been neglected although they didn't realize it. They discover how much has been missing from their lives that their minds and souls were not aware of. Together they realize how much this means to each of them and that they are miserable without it. The more they discuss, the more they discover about themselves and the lives they live. What do they have? Is it real or are they disillusioned? What are they missing? How important are these things? What will each of them do about it?

The different personalities and views of the characters was what I liked most about this book. It is true to life in it's explanation of the characters and what they feel. The part that I disliked the most about this novel was how little time was spent on the ending. The last chapter and the epilogue seemed very rushed and probably could have lasted longer adding another chapter or two.

I rate Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve a 3 out of 4 stars. This novel was very well edited with absolutely no typos or grammar errors. I feel like this was a decent novel and that it is worth reading. It was a decent novel, however, I was not affected by this book like I have been with some other novels that I have read. It was an interesting story but I did not have the feeling of being drawn into the story. It did not draw me in emotionally as much as I would have liked.

I would rate the erotic scenes in this book a 1 on a 0-5 scale because there are only a few of them and they are not very detailed. Profane language is used a few times in this book but the amount of it is minimal.

Looking Glass Friends
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”