Review by tricia_morehead -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tricia_morehead
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tricia-morehead.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Review by tricia_morehead -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by tricia_morehead »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As Amanda travels back into her previous life she finds herself Yesterday, by Samyann is a love story about reincarnation, time travel and how soul mates find each other again in a present life and travel through time to discover their past life together. It is a story of how one man’s patience and understanding helped him win the heart of a beautiful woman.

Amanda Parker is a beautiful young single woman who has given up on love because of the numerous tragedies of those she has loved throughout her life. She is content in spending her time with Oprah, her cat and her aunt and godmother Mary; until one day she saves the life of a Chicago mounted police officer named Mark Callahan. Amanda and Mark feel an immediate connection as though they know each other. Through that connection they begin a quest to find their history and the history of a grandfather clock Amanda purchased that dated back before the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Mary through hypnotherapy helps Amanda travel back through time into a past life in an attempt to heal her from always thinking tragedies follow her and to discover the origin of the grandfather clock she purchased, and how she and Mark are connected.

in Charleston, South Carolina in 1862, in the middle of the Civil War. She is a young girl by the name of Bonnie, age 6. Bonnie begins a journey to Chicago in a wagon with her father who dies in route and leaves her and her cousin and best friend Jack in the care of her father’s freed slaves Ben and Magdalene. The story follows them from the wagon to a train. Tragedies during this lifetime seem to follow her like the tragedies in Amanda’s current life.

The author wrote this book in a way where you felt you were actually living these lives with Amanda and Bonnie. The historical facts that were brought into the storyline make the story feel real and not fictional. There was a seamless transition between the past life and present life. The characters from her past life were brought forward to her present life in a way that made sense and was effortless to understand. At the end of the book the author listed her historical sources along with recipes of some of the food and Confederate Candle. I found this to be an added pleasure at the end of the book.

I rate Yesterday by Samyann 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing I did not like about this book. The storyline kept you interested right up to the end. I did not want the story to end. I would like to read a sequel. There was some language beginning on page 12 and some mild romance scenes. I would highly recommend reading this book. Samyann is a fantastic author.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”