Review by Neha++ -- Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neha++
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Neha++ -- Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

Post by Neha++ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Geraldine" by Edmund M Aristone.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tom and paula lived together in Philadelphia. Tom is a MD doctor who was suspended for 1 year for some reason. Since then, he tends the bar at kelly. Tom and paula were constantly arguing over the abortion of their baby. Paula was pregnant with his baby, but she wanted to abort it, but Tom was not convinced with her decision as he doesn't want any more deaths in his family on his mind. Tom's mother died when he was 11 years. Since then, his world changed. He was not close to his father.

Reds is Tom's loyal friend who was once football player and now like tom he is tending bar, already drunk at 9 A.M. One Saturday, when Tom finished his shift early, he along with reds and barmaid went out for drinks. Two days later, he went home. That day, paula told him that she has aborted baby and leave him. They both realized that they shared nothing in common aside from physical attraction. After some days, due to paula, Tom met Geraldine. Geraldine was extraordinarily beautiful with hazel eyes and black hair. She was only 22 years old and was an artist. Geraldine was diagnosed with bipolar disorder which was incurable. Her mother who was also an artist, committed suicide at age of 20, also had bipolar disorder. Medications of this disorder turns patients into zombies and that's why Geraldine was afraid to lose her ability. The day when Geraldine entered Tom's life, everything changed for him and the beautiful journey of their love starts. What was Reason behind Tom's suspension? Will Geraldine end up like her mom? What is written in their fate? And many more questions will be answered in Geraldine by Edmund Aristone.

Events in the book run smoothly from starting. Every character in this book have interesting life's and stories. At first glance, it is seen that Tom is a very intelligent guy. He walked away from a promising medical career to become a bartender and was wasting his life getting drunk and into bar fights, but there's more to his story. As the story proceeds, we can see that Tom is a very sensitive person who puts others welfare first. He loves Geraldine more than anything. It is a story, how both of them hold tight together in tough times and found the true meaning of love. Throughout the story, we come across the other characters, their effects on Tom and Geraldine's life and the love of friends as well as family.

My most favourite thing about this book is the storyline. Author has done a really great job in describing the events and characters. Lots of emotions run throughout the book. My least favourite thing about this book is that there is constant use of profane words. There were a few typos in the book, but they didn't interfere in my reading.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I can't rate it with 3 stars because of the strong storyline and emotions throughout the book. I will recommend this book for the people of age 20 and above. I will also recommend it to the people interested in reading romance books along with some mystery and lots of emotions. I will not recommend this book for small children. Do read the book and float in the emotions to find the meaning of true love.

Geraldine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”