Review by Miriammaina -- Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miriammaina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriammaina.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Review by Miriammaina -- Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

Post by Miriammaina »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Geraldine" by Edmund M Aristone.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Geraldine by Edmund M. Aristone
I have not read this kind of book in a long time. I have to say the story was really good. I really connected with the characters.The story was an emotional roller coaster and I eagerly flipped page after page. I simply could not wait to get to the next chapter. The story flows smoothly from beginning to end and I simultaneously anticipated and dreaded the end of the book.

The story is about Tom who is smart young man and a would be doctor whose medical license has been suspended for a year. He drinks and lives aimlessly during this time that is until he falls in love with an extraordinary woman named Geraldine. Tom is a gentleman. He is smart and kind and he endeavors to help Geraldine who is a beauty with amazing artistic abilities which make her an extraordinary character. Reading about such a character was truly a delight. She is also bipolar. Tom’s love for bipolar Geraldine causes him to selflessly commit himself to helping her. Their relationship is beautiful.

The book is full of tension as a dark cloud continuously hovers on Geraldine’s future and she feels as if she might not be able to hold on to her sanity for long. This devastates Tom thus his selfless commitment to helping her. Geraldine is wildly unpredictable with a few odd friends who are amusing characters.

The author has done a very good job introducing and developing the characters. Each character is rich and colorful and they make for an interesting read. Throughout the book both Tom and Geraldine learn important life lessons which help them develop as people. The story flowed so smoothly that before i knew it i was at the last page.The author manages to combine both creativity and tragedy in this story and the delivery is amazing. Tom’s selfless character is inspiring and Geraldine’s extraordinary was truly a pleasure to read about.

This book is not your typical romance book and that is a good thing. This is because as much as the book is about Tom and Geraldine's love story, it is also about how to deal with a situation where a loved one has a mental health condition. It is a story about hope and strength and that in itself is inspirational. I think the fact that it is not your typical romance book makes it better and i feel lucky to have come across such a book.

There are positive themes such as love which is seen between the two main characters also friendship and happiness are included. There are also negative themes such as depression which is seen in some parts of the book. If a reader finds this themes upsetting, then they should not pick up this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 as the author clearly deserves it. The story is beautiful and it opened my mind in ways i really appreciated. I did not find any grammatical mistakes. The book seems to be professionally edited. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for an interesting romantic story with unexpected twists and turns and a little adventure.

Geraldine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”