Review by AstridZ08 -- Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AstridZ08
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astridz08.html
Latest Review: Fearless Thinking, Stress-Free Living, Guaranteed (Almost) by Purandar A. Amin

Review by AstridZ08 -- Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

Post by AstridZ08 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Geraldine" by Edmund M Aristone.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Geraldine is a romance book narrated by an emblematic character: Tom, a doctor who has been suspended from his activities and after that, he is working in a bar in Philadelphia. Tom has a philosophical personality and he is an observant person, he likes personifying his feelings to the elements of the surrounding environment; but his life is stagnant and he lives in a dilemma that stops him from moving on.

His path begins to change when the main character meets Geraldine after break up with his girlfriend, She is a 22-year-old young artist who is a friend of his ex-girlfriend. She is also stuck in her life because of past traumas, such as Tom, and she has bipolarity, because of this she takes medicines that block her creativity, which is vital for composing her works of arts. Both of them try to rise together and develop a solid relationship based on trust and understating of each other’s issues.

I enjoyed the personality of each character inserted in this book, each one has its own golden, and they were well built, fitting naturally in this plot. The writer uses words wisely and convincingly which brings the story similar to real life, correctly using elements of language, despite some misspelling, and the writer follows the requirement of this kind of textual genre; I also realized that the author makes extensive use of adverbs, giving a personal sign to his writing and vividly describing the actions of his characters.

This kind of book is highly recommended for young adults, which are starting their lives as responsible adults and learning how to overcome some hard issues of life, especially old problems unsolved. Because, this book shows that even those smart people, like Tom and Geraldine, can go through difficult moments and even questioning themselves if the direction they are taking in their lives is right. Besides, the support of their friends and family help them to deal with old traumas, which is fundamental to be able to find the answers for their issues.

It is a quick and an easy-to-read book, but it is not a book for readers used to a highly complex plot, as the number of pages and the central plot twist did not allow it to create a longer story, and perhaps this was not the writer’s goal. Therefore, my final rating has to be 4 out of 4 stars.

Geraldine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Joy Catap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-catap.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Joy Catap »

I'm thinking of reading this book but I hate heavy dramas. Does this book contain funny scenes or it's pure dramas?

Brnlan
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brnlan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Brnlan »

Well thought and descriptive review. Based on this I am adding to my "want to read" bookshelf for future reading. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”