Review by sursangeet_2000 -- One Way or Another

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SangeethaNarayan
Currently Reading: The Prophet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sangeethanarayan.html
Latest Review: Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams

Review by sursangeet_2000 -- One Way or Another

Post by SangeethaNarayan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One way or another, by Mary.J.Williams is a story of opposites attracting. The female protagonist, Calder Benedict is a rich and successful woman. The male protagonist, Adam Stone is a self-made man, not stinking rich, but does very well for himself. Sparks fly as the two meet again and again and before they knew what hit them, they get supremely attracted to each other.

The story might seem like an ordinary rich-girl-meets-not-so rich-boy, but the characters are quite interesting. Of special interest are the sisters of Calder Benedict, all sharing the same mom, but each having a different father. Another interesting thing about the sisters is the fact that each of them has a successful career of their own, despite being born in to a rich family.

The story mainly revolves around how Adam Stone manages to create a place for himself in Calder's and her sisters' lives. The women have been shown to be of an independent spirit, which I enjoyed the most. And the fact that the male protagonist has been shown to respect and admire this spirit of independence is the icing on the cake.

All the characters, even the secondary ones like Adam's friend and his wife have been etched to perfection. The story moves in a smooth manner from the male protagonist's perspective to the female protagonist's perspective.

However, I do have one bone to pick with the author, and that would be that she spent a lot more time praising the girls for being independent and less time just showing how they went about their activities. It seemed that the girls had absolutely no flaw. They were the perfect sisters, and never once fought with each other over anything. It didn't appear realistic to me that the girls never once disagreed with each other.

Overall, the book got my attention from the first page and had me very involved in the lives of the sisters and I definitely look forward to reading the entire series. To be quite honest, I did not manage to find any error that got in the way of reading the story. This makes me think that the book has been professionally edited and I'm very pleased to give this book a four out of four stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good romance story and I consider it to be appropriate for an adult audience.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I might try and read this one for diversity, even if it is not my usual type of literature. Nice review!
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Although I do enjoy a good romance, this one actually sounds a bit tame for my tastes. I think I'll give it a pass. Thanks for the informative review!
SangeethaNarayan

corinaelena wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 09:55 I might try and read this one for diversity, even if it is not my usual type of literature. Nice review!
Thank you!! This one is definitely worth a read. A light and breezy book and relaxes you.
SangeethaNarayan

Kelyn wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 16:50 Although I do enjoy a good romance, this one actually sounds a bit tame for my tastes. I think I'll give it a pass. Thanks for the informative review!
Thank you!! Each of us have our own taste. There were some tame parts, but overall I would still call it a good book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”