Review by Elena_D -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One o...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elena_D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elena-d.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Elena_D -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One o...

Post by Elena_D »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)" by Stella Knights.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Savannah and Jhonny are the average married couple: average, not completely fulfilling jobs, ordinary routines, and sleepy sex life. Apparently, Johnny is ok with it, but the same doesn’t apply to Savannah: married life can’t be just that, right?
After getting several ‘hints’, she decides that she and her husband need a holiday somewhere exotic, to cut off with real life...at least for a while.
Thailand, for example, would be a dream.
Her reluctant husband and intrusive mother-in-law at first are against this trip, but Savannah somehow manages to convince him and couldn’t be more ecstatic. To make things between sheets to work again, Savannah and her friend Pam visit a sex shop and, after a skeptical and embarrassed beginning, she decides to step out her comfort zone and do something unusual.

Once in Thailand, she tries every common fantasy to make Jhonny desire her again but fails miserably. After her last attempt to be sexy and light him up, Johnny freezes her by saying that he's not into the dress up or toys stuff, but comes up with a proposal that leaves Savannah completely shocked…
Will she be able to do what her husband asked her? After all, what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand…right?

I’m not very into erotic novels, so I was surprised by how much I’ve been drawn by this one. Starting from the basis, I think the writing style is good, clean and the editing is clear and smooth. The sex scenes are also engaging and steamy.
When it comes to this genre I have to admit I’m a bit prejudiced because I think it’s more or less the same stuff written in different styles…well, not with Lost and Love: Thailand. It’s so much more than just an obvious storyline, lust scenes and some random dialogues to fill pages so I was completely but pleasantly caught off guard…it is probably one of the fewest erotic novels that I’ve actually managed to finish reading, if that means something.

I didn’t have the usual reaction someone might expect while reading an erotic novel…This book bothered me, which I think is always positive as it means the plot was involving and the story somehow believable.
My ‘issue’ with this book is the portraying of the fact that women are usually the member of a couple who actively tries to change stagnant situations. Savannah is not satisfied with her career nor with her sex life whatsoever, so she rolls up her sleeves and does her best to make improvements. Her inattentive husband just cares about things who involve him personally and it takes an 8 hours flight from Australia to Thailand to shake him off and start giving her wife some attention. Not to talk about his behavior once they go back home...
I’m not sure this is the reaction the author hoped for, but (willingly or not) she really took out my inner ‘feminist’ by describing the ups and downs of this married couple’s relationship.

On the other hand, what I hope would have been more detailed were the descriptions of Thai cities and landscapes; those present were really basic and didn’t pass me on their beauties and the exotic/relaxed atmosphere I was hoping to get. Then again, this was not a travel book, but still, I'd have liked it to be a bit more descriptive. Overall I don't see this minor flaw as a deal-breaker so I'm rating Lost and Love: Thailand by Stella Knights 4 out of 4 stars!

Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I've read and reviewed this book as well, and I had exactly the same thoughts on the writing style. It's so surprising to actually come across well-written erotic scenes! I didn't like the cliffhanger ending much, but I really enjoyed it besides that. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”