Review by Shrad -- Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shrad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrad.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Review by Shrad -- Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Post by Shrad »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sugar & Spice" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars

This book had me pulling my hair off my head at every twists and turns.. It had me biting my nails because i could not just stop reading it i just had to know what was about to happen next.
Especially when they left for his country

At first when i read the title what i had expected was a normal fairytale love story and a happily forever after. From the very first page this book had me intrigued.... I anticipated the prince to meet an ordinary bubbly, full of life kinda girl .. Find her interesting and later reliasing he had fallen in love with her... While the girl already fallen in love with him to have some difficulty in accepting the truth but finally comes in term with it and together they face some hardship to a bright future..

but..but..but newsflash
Nothing as such actually happened

From the very start cat, the female lead had a strong,determined,blunt and candid character which she held till the very end of the book.. Completely opposite of her twin and others in her family.. Her character flared above all.. When you read about her and see her progress through the years you can actually look at the lady she was going to become in her coming years.. One thing that she missed was that heart burning passion... Passion so strong that in can even make the sane insane and that was brought to her by her prince. Yet she still held her own with the prince. No matter what he presented her with.

Sadiq , the male lead came off as a srong,tough,powerful,compelling,persuasive and intense character from the very start.
What didn't seem right with him was that his love and need to be with his beloved might have took form of an obsession or a fixation..
I have to appreciate the way it tells and introduces its reader to an entirely different culture so easily and effectively. No only the journey to another country but its culture was also based on facts and that had me involved and curious..

You can imagine the outcomes while reading this book but let me tell you it would surprise you as it did me.. Its hot,passionate,rough and refreshing in its own original ways..
The beauty and insight it provided was a taken account of..

The way this story juggled between the two cultures was spellbinding and transfixing..

Sugar & Spice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shrad's review? Post a comment saying so!
Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Renee_Prior1995 »

This was an interesting review. You made a lot of things bold but not the rating, which is supposed to be bold. I like the way you explain the book. The cover art is pretty and I love romance.
"From what I have tasted of desire,
I hold those who favor fire.
but if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that the destruction of ice is also great
and will suffice." - Robert Frost
Shrad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrad.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Post by Shrad »

Thank you.. I will try not to repeat my mistakes again.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Seems interesting and the author has been known to do good work. Thanks for reviewing this. I might check it out.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”