Fifty Shades of Grey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
khryssy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by khryssy »

well, to start, thisbis a story about a teenage girl and an alpha male business tycoon. The latter wanted the former to become his sex slave. In the end they fell in love and they live happily ever after...
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

Yes, it is an erotica so if you are not much into this genre. I advise you to not read it because it is loaded with sex.
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:
Arwenfreebird

Post by Arwenfreebird »

What gets to me about this series is the way that "literature snobs" look down their noses at people who enjoy it. In a discussion on a FB group, I was rudely told that only stupid people like that series. Really? I have two degrees, one of which is in English Literature and I loved them. If you don't like books with lots of graphic descriptions of sex then this series maybe isn't the one for you.x
Megan01
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan01.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Megan01 »

Because of the series' popularity, I decided years ago to give it a try and make my own opinion about it. To me, the book isn't well written at all. It's definitely noticeable that the author wasn't a professional when she wrote this and whereas you read the story easily, it isn't interesting and the characters are... plain. I guess. They aren't well developed and it could have been a lot better. The story could've been interesting if well conducted because even if you don't like BDSM and erotism books, it could still have been a good work.
Bmartin13

Post by Bmartin13 »

Hello, I have read the Trilogy series and loved all three books. The first book in the series was Fifty Shades of Grey, the second was Fifty Shades Darker and the third was Fifty Shades Freed. They were all written by E. L. James. The story line was exciting and kept you wanting to read more. I was sad when I finished the last book in that Trilogy series. The author did an amazing job with the series.
I have not read Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey As Told by Christian or Darker: Fifty Shades Darker As Told by Christian but would be interested in reading them and would give a review about them after reading them. They were also written by E. L. James.
They were a gift from my sister and I am so glad she got them for me.
Kiningari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kiningari »

Hi all in all it's a good book.
It's an erotica yes. Apart form that, it shows how one abused man had been dealing with child abuse until another option namely, love, came along and it was the best therapy for him.

I read the trilogy a couple of times. You might love it too.
Joy sunday
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Joy sunday »

Funny, i think the author needs some experiences about this book
Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Laceyadams »

Well, they can ban it all they want. I have all the paper backs. I happen to love it
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

It's all about sex, sex, sex!
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Fifty shades of Grey!
Why is it a big deal? It's different for everyone but for me it was an introduction to what BDSM (that bondage kind of life style). It's about Christian Grey (The rich, very good looking but problematic dominant ) who meets Anna (The timid/shy, cute and smart soon to be submissive). Together the two start a relationship which turns into love (of course Christian was still in denial). In the end Christian treats Anna too roughly so Anna decides to leave him.
Fatcat902

Post by Fatcat902 »

Ive read this book and was captivated by the love story i give all 4 fifty shades books a biv thumbs up
alegnayak608

Post by alegnayak608 »

I think Fifty Shades of Grey is about having psychological traumas because of christian's past that results to sexual satisfaction since Fifty Shades of Grey is an erotica. wherein they find something or do something that could satisfy their sexual urges. They find pleasure in inflicting pain during sex. But then the story ends in overcoming that pleasure and replacing it with real love and passion. When we found someone that we feel more than just an attraction and you're willing to do everything. I think that's what happened to Christian. He was able to find someone that could actually save him from that darkness. He was able to feel emotions that he didn't knew he could have. What I like about the series was how Christian's character was developed since he was knew with everything they have with Anastasia. At the back of my mind, I find it cute in how he shows Anastasia his love for her (not just the lovemaking part). :D
UnicornKnight
Favorite Author: Nora Sakavic
Currently Reading: Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicornknight.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 58836

Post by UnicornKnight »

As someone who reads a lot of fan fiction, when I first heard about this book it was very intriguing to me. When I started reading it, I could see the similarities between the main characters and characters from the Twilight series. However I think more than that, the controversy was surrounding the theme of the book, which surrounded the BDSM community. It was the first time in at least modern history that this sort of topic was discussed by the general public and it was scandalous to a lot of people. Personally I actually really enjoyed the books and would still go back to it every now and then.
KaylynDukes92

Post by KaylynDukes92 »

absolutely loved this book! Though, there WASN'T ENOUGH SEX, but that's just my opinion.
Wokeread
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wokeread.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wokeread »

I tried reading this book due to all the hype but could not read more than a few pages. I simply don't get the whole BDSM thing and how people are able to derive pleasure from pain, so nowadays I just pass on this genre.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”