Fifty Shades of Grey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
danielle47
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle47.html

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by danielle47 »

I had to read the first one after all the hype about it. The first was very hot and I think perhaps it should have stopped at the first. By the time I finished the third book it felt very predictable and too "happily ever after"...but like someone in this forum mentioned- it's getting people to read.
emajors
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emajors.html

Post by emajors »

I actually enjoyed the series. I just read the new one, Grey, and it is from the male point of view instead the female point of view. They are very interesting to read.
Jacque33
Currently Reading: Intrusion
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacque33.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Jacque33 »

I honestly didn't care for the books. I had to see what the big deal was and felt that they lacked energy. Since I was lent all three I felt like I needed to read them all. Admittedly, the sexy scenes were there. The last two books were better written and moved along quicker, they weren't as stale, yet I agree with danielle47:
danielle47 wrote:The first was very hot and I think perhaps it should have stopped at the first. By the time I finished the third book it felt very predictable and too "happily ever after"...
The characters were flat, with very little growth aside from a more expensive wardrobe.
Depending on how you liked the books, I wouldn't suggest the movie. I tried it the other night (couldn't get through it)and the same lack of energy and movement that the first book had were duplicated perfectly on the screen.
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Ashley8779
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley8779.html

Post by Ashley8779 »

I love this book. Visually, the movie was fantastic but books are always better for the imagination.
danie17075
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by danie17075 »

Erotica with a lot of s&m
bookworm01
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm01.html

Post by bookworm01 »

I wasn't interested in the book, until everyone kept talking about it. So, of course I had to see what all the fuss was about. After reading the first book, I loved the romance aspect of the novel like the relationship between Ana and Christian. It was a very desirable relationship, however the BDSM part of the novel wasn't very interesting to me personally. It was more the desire both characters had for each other, like wanting to be together and it kind of being a "forbidden love." The first book was a bit slow for me. I loved the second and third book a lot more. It was more captivating in terms of their relationship and how overprotective Christian was of Ana.
kacey_s101

Post by kacey_s101 »

I have read this book series twice now, I honestly love it. I couldn't put it down, now I really enjoy reading but finding a book that im unable to put down is hard for me, so that is saying something.
This book has a lot of sex and is very detailed and has BDSM in it. But it's a love story at the same time. Its about a guy who has a very damaging and scaring childhood. He has a lot of problems and doesn't fall in love with people and isnt the "hearts and flowers kinda guy". But when Ana comes into his life everything changes. He wants her as only a submissive, but she isnt that type of girl. But he can't stay away from her, there is something about her that he cant stay away from. So with that he bends his rules a little, little and little as time goes on. Eventually he falls in love with her and cant live without her and he becomes hearts and flowers kinda guy. At the same time she is introduced to a whole world she never knew existed. She's a curious college girl so she explores this world with Christian and she enjoys it and as time goes on she falls for him, hard.
It's a very good book, if you like this stuff or are curious and like to discover new things and artists and want to read a book you can't put down, this is the book for you. I recommended reading it, trying it, it wont disappoint you.

-- 21 Sep 2016, 20:32 --

I have read this book series twice now, I honestly love it. I couldn't put it down, now I really enjoy reading but finding a book that im unable to put down is hard for me, so that is saying something.
This book has a lot of sex and is very detailed and has BDSM in it. But it's a love story at the same time. Its about a guy who has a very damaging and scaring childhood. He has a lot of problems and doesn't fall in love with people and isnt the "hearts and flowers kinda guy". But when Ana comes into his life everything changes. He wants her as only a submissive, but she isnt that type of girl. But he can't stay away from her, there is something about her that he cant stay away from. So with that he bends his rules a little, little and little as time goes on. Eventually he falls in love with her and cant live without her and he becomes hearts and flowers kinda guy. At the same time she is introduced to a whole world she never knew existed. She's a curious college girl so she explores this world with Christian and she enjoys it and as time goes on she falls for him, hard.
It's a very good book, if you like this stuff or are curious and like to discover new things and artists and want to read a book you can't put down, this is the book for you. I recommended reading it, trying it, it wont disappoint you.

-- 21 Sep 2016, 20:45 --

I heard you get paid for your reviews, is this true or false?
Moon Light
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moon-light.html

Post by Moon Light »

Fifty Shades of Grey is definitely more of a bondage-slave type and that I will not consider it erotic or romantic in any terms. I saw the movie and it is offensive to me. I am not going to watch or read it for that.
Sorry.
OliviaWayne
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliviawayne.html

Post by OliviaWayne »

It's a story about a man who was introduced to sex as a teen by a woman whose sexual preferences leaned heavily into bondage and a woman who seems to be unable to make decisions on her own once she is in any kind of relationship. Honestly, the erotica part of it isn't really that much more graphic than any other erotic novel, and the writing is far below the standards of many other writers. The character development isn't great, but I did read all three of the books. I'm a firm believer in not judging until I've read it, and it wasn't hard to get through.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I only read the 1st book that was all I could handle
Noel

Post by Noel »

I absolutely love Fifty Shades trilogy. I have read them all 6 times. This was the book that got me into reading in the first place. I was never a big reader. My mom tired several times to get me to read the books that she was reading. but I was never interested.
One day my daughter told me about this book and I decided to give it a shot. I was hooked and kept going from there.

I have really learned a lot about myself in the process.
Yes this is about a lot of kinky sex which of course I really love. However I discovered I can relate to Christian a lot. I really don't like to talk to anyone about myself or my problems. People think that they know stuff about me but when it comes down to it in listening to them talk to about me they really don't.
I have learned to open up to my husband sexually because of this book. I would recommend this box to anyone that has phobias, preconceived notions, or are just hung up. It has the potential to set you free.
Tinas hobby

Post by Tinas hobby »

I personally enjoyed the books (all 3 of them). I thought the author did an excellent job.
I think I read all 3 of the books in record time.
Just my personal opinion of course?
Jjnessie 33
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnessie-33.html

Post by Jjnessie 33 »

I didn't like the book I had to keep reminding myself that it is a fanfiction off of twilight. it's creative when you think of it in that way and how developed it is but I had a lot of trouble reading it . It should have taken me a day and a half to read it instead it took me a week.
allymurf

Post by allymurf »

I read these books about two years ago, which was a delay on the 50 Shades train by like three years.
When I was talking with someone who had read this before me, she told me what I now tell everyone else.. Don't stop reading this after the first book. The second and third book are better and have an actual little story line. (I said better... doesn't mean that it's great.)
The first one was a little ridiculous. It was focused around Christian and Ana's sexual relationship. There was no real foundation to it other than that.
The book wasn't well written. It needs a lot of help. I know that this was a fan fiction that was published into a book so that's why it isn't as well written as other novels but the same thing happened for Beautiful Bastard and I think that one was written a whole lot better. I guess it depends on the original story and the editing..
I liked the trilogy as a whole but if I wasn't told at the beginning to keep reading then I probably wouldn't have and then I would have missed out on the entire foundation of Christian and Ana's relationship and the reasons why Christian Grey is the way that he is.
My favorite part of the whole book are their emails between each other. They're funny and witty and you can get more of a sense of who they are in those messages. I just really enjoyed them. I honestly think they were the best part of the whole book, probably even the entire series.
MTNS+bks88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtns-bks88.html

Post by MTNS+bks88 »

Erotica doesn't begin to scrape the surface. It speaks to the deep unspoken desire within us. It opens the door to questions and feelings we never knew we had or didn't want to admit we had. It is a read full of passion, love, lust and romance. A story of coming of age and first love.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”