Fifty Shades of Grey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by Ohna Martin »

This should be interesting I read all three books. Yes it is BDSM which I am not into and yes it has sex front to back, but if you look past that and read the story of a boy who has been taken advantage of at a young age by one of his mother's friends and grew up with believing that is how it works. This one woman came into his life and they both compromised. At the end of the day he healed and they became a happy normal family.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I would oddly describe it as an acquired taste. You either read it and love it or read it, fail to finish it and absolutely not like it. It's a graphic novel which describes unconventional sexual intercourse in explicit detail. I read it when I was way too young and had no business reading it but what's done is done, I'd recommend it to you if you love erotic books that seem to have some hidden deep meaning but good luck finding out what that is.(because there is no deep meaning)
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I watched this movie with my girlfriend and I must say that we have improved our love. You ought to read this book.
Renee_Charmaine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Renee_Charmaine »

Hey I'm new to this...
I read Fifty Shades of Grey and honestly at first I thought it was a normal billionaire story and erotic books intrigue me. I'm not really into BDSM but I read it and I really liked it at first and the sex scenes seemed interesting at first but got too much and I ended up skipping them. Honestly it's not the best or the worst book I've read but the control(dominance) was a little overwhelming for an independent reader like me so the book started getting less interesting to a point where I felt like I could write my own book to make Anastasia better and not submit. Yes I felt pity for Christian about his past but I felt like he used his past to manipulate Anastasia and she was put him first and forgot about herself.
I'd recommend reading the first book and the maybe the second but the last one threw me off and made the whole story unsatisfactory.
Boikhutso Ngwenya

Post by Boikhutso Ngwenya »

Fifty shades of Grey is a good book. Most people are not into BDSM but the characters make it seem easier and enjoyable. As for the story line, it gives out lessons on child trauma- that boy who grew up sexually abused and molested. He grew up traumatized by the abuse because most of the thing was bottled inside. We learn more on parenting relationships between parents and children- if the boy's mother was more friendly and welcoming to the boy during his childhood he would have confined her about what was happening(being sexually abused).
ChrissyN13
Favorite Book: A ​Court of Silver Flames
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 924
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrissyn13.html
Latest Review: Murder in the Garbage by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by ChrissyN13 »

I've read all three books and watched most of the movies. When I first started reading the series, I thought it was interesting and I enjoyed learning about the BDSM community. It was only recently that I read posts about real people in the community who say the series is a bad representation of BDSM. So, from my point of view, it is a fun series for a quick read but shouldn't be seen as anything more than that.
Joanne Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanne-ike.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Joanne Ike »

I found the fifty shades of Grey series very porous in terms of plot. There didn't seem to be much going on at all outside of the BDSM-esque scenes. I do read erotica sometimes so I really had no qualms about that. It however irked me that the entire plot of the 3 books could have easily been fit into one concise story. It was all mostly fluff. Of course this is just my own opinion tho
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Fifty Shades of Greg is an erotica. Christian Grey fell for a beautiful simple girl from a different social class. Their connection was instanteous.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I had a difficult time with this book. My main issue was the misrepresentation of the BDSM community.
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

I also want to read this book series and check it out. I have seen the movies and enjoyed it. Although I do feel that if it was anyone else other than billionaire, the plot would have fallen apart.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I have seen all of the movies but never read the books. I think that I should definitely give them a try.
Iwa_41
Favorite Author: William Shakespeare
Favorite Book: Soba za razbijanje
Currently Reading: The Illuminati Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 26
fav_author_id: 2482

Post by Iwa_41 »

I have had read the trilogy and I was disappointed.
Pedro Antonio de Lemos

Post by Pedro Antonio de Lemos »

Hello everyone, this is my contribution about the book Fifty Shades of Grey. I believe that the characters were able to give real life to what the book is about, namely the satisfaction of sexual pleasure for both girls and boys, despite the fact that sometimes it seems that the male character dominates the female character :D .
laura_007

Post by laura_007 »

At first I was confused and thought that it's really weird because there is a lot sex and in details. when I continued reading, I started to like it. in third part, i forgot to mention that I read all parts, I FALL IN LOVE, usually when book is written, next parts isn't that interesting and I find it boring, but this was one of some books, which with every part get better. I liked that dominance in book, but some times I felt that it's too much, but it also was idea of that book " fifty shades of grey". Like, who wouldn't want hot boyfriend, with a lot of money and good in bed. So I think, this book is perfect for women imagination and to go through something that isn't in our lifes.
SheiDa
Favorite Book: Cop Town
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SheiDa »

Been putting off reading the trilogy for a while but I finally gave it a try ☺️ and only managed to finish the first one. The second one was just too much for me I don't know why but skipped through the pages. Third one did not read all of it just the last chapters. I feel like it was too hyped up for no reason.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”