Official Review: His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel" by Caroline Peterka.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is a tragedy to be in a relationship with a dishonest person and later realizing that your true love is not far from you. Life is filled with choices. The power to make a choice rest on the individual. The choices we make either enhance our well-being or destabilizes us. His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel by Caroline Peterka is a book on romance that tells a unique story of a love relationship. The novel portrays the meaning of a true love. Cara realizes her long-term relationship with the Greyson brothers has reached a stage where she had to make a choice between the two, Dax and Axel. She had already been in a relationship with Axel but unfortunately, she does not love him but rather was in love with Dax. This situation worsened when Cara became pregnant with Axel.

Axel is required to make a choice between fame and fatherhood. After he had decided on fame, he requested the abortion of the baby, but Cara refused. Cara was then left with her fate to shoulder the sole responsibility of bringing up Nova, her child. Nature, being a good judge, brought the hidden facts to bare. The stage is now set for Nova to know his real father and Cara to decide whom she really loves.

This is a book that is packed with all the elements of a good romance story. It is filled with fascinating love poems and expressions. The author has proved that she has a good command of English language. Words and expressions are within the comprehension of an average reader. This book is well edited. Although the story is long, readers are glued to their seat with the suspense at most of the chapters.

The author has established the fact that relationships may result in uncertainties and the parties involved must be prepared to deal with such uncertainties. I see this book as a powerful tool that tells the reasons why people fall in a relationship. It is a useful manual for individuals in a relationship and those aspiring to be in one. The author has stressed on explicit scenes so readers will know exactly what to expect from reading it. Furthermore, she has provided much information about herself. She has indicated the title of books she has published. A link has been provided for readers to obtain more copies of her books. Aside from these, she has provided her email address so readers can obtain more information.

However, I realized there is no table of contents. The table of contents is necessary to guide readers and also make them aware of what to expect from reading. The year of publication is unknown as the author has not indicated it in any part of the book. It is important to keep readers fully informed of such information as some readers may need this for a different purpose especially when writing reviews of books. Also, I can see clearly that the author is solely responsible for coming out with this entire project because she has not mentioned the name of any contributor. I recommend the author becomes more specific if she is solely responsible for producing the entire project.

I am highly impressed with this work done by Caroline Peterka. Had it not been the limitations above, I would have given her book perfect ratings. These are minor shortcomings. I hope she will fix them and present this book again for a review. I, therefore, rate her book His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel 3 out of 4 stars.

His Heartbeat: A Crimson Sunset Novel
View: on Bookshelves

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Romance is not my typical genre, and with names like Dax and Axel, I remember why :) In any case, I appreciate your observations regarding the author. Thank you for your review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Firstly, becoming intimately involved with 2 brothers is a very bad decision, is my view. The author has however offered some very astute advice as it concerns the topic of decisions made for romance.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I like the idea of including poetry in the book, but this doesn't really sound like my cup of tea. Not so sure about the table of contents idea - some of the greatest novels ever written have just had chapter headings that were simply numbers. Is that old-fashioned now?
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

I was spellbound just reading your review. It sounds like a very heart wrenching love story. How do you choose between two brothers? That's hard and would probably cause problems within the family structure. To bring a baby into the pictue is even worse. Your review summed the book up tremendously. The choices we make in life may not be the best choices but it's the consequences of our choices that we have to live with.
To survive, you must tell stories.
โ€• Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The poetry gives unique touch to the novel. But the storyline is controversial. Morally, Maintaining relationships with two brothers is not a good idea. Thanks for your thorough review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
jayme72
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jayme72 »

Getting intimate with the two brothers is a bad idea and getting pregnant with Axel the man she don't love is not a good one ,this will cause emotional breakdown to the child nova.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Libs_Books wrote: โ†‘20 Apr 2018, 14:33 I like the idea of including poetry in the book, but this doesn't really sound like my cup of tea. Not so sure about the table of contents idea - some of the greatest novels ever written have just had chapter headings that were simply numbers. Is that old-fashioned now?
I don't expect chapter titles or a table of contents in fictional works. It's fine if they are there, but it is fine if they are not included. It adds to the mystery of what is to come.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

Thanks for this information.

Return to โ€œRomance and Erotic Booksโ€