Official Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Re: Official Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Jgideon »

The dark themes of the book-rape, torture-have me not interested in the book. Great review.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

This sounds like a great book with some interesting characters, however I am not a fan of books from the paranormal genre. Great review!
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. I'm intrigued by the plot and the fact that it's a paranormal story. So, it's not the usual type of romance. It's too bad about all the violence and that there may be too much of it. Thanks for your review.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I can see those are wicked demons that can kill us in our dreams. I like how the reviewer has incorporated some nice literal devices. The review has actually wet my appetite for such books. Thanks for such a nice review.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I love your review, and the book sounds like a really excellent concept--paranormal. Tho I'm not sure if Im ready for gruesome stories. Thanks for the sharing your thoughts tho.
Justice of peace
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Justice of peace »

The book looks interesting and suspense filled.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

This sounds like a unique and interesting book. But I'll pass on this one. I'm not a fan of grim and deadly scenes in a book. I prefer fun and educative read. Thanks for the warning about these things. I enjoyed your review.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

This sounds like a unique and interesting book. But I'll pass on this one. I'm not a fan of grim and deadly scenes in a book. I prefer fun and educative read. Thanks for the warning about these things. I enjoyed your review.
2grynd

Post by 2grynd »

I think this book has a good concept but lacks the idea the writer is trying to portray. It needs something juicy to spice it up.
Kavengi123

Post by Kavengi123 »

I like the romantic part of the story as a youth, stories like this are much helpful.I find the book so interesting and could not get bored while reading .
Melisabruner

Post by Melisabruner »

I have read this book and found it to be an awesome read. Even though there may be a few miss understandings about the time line. I found the book to be very engaging and hard to put down!! I love horror and fantasy I think B Hughes Millman did a great job on this book! For me I always read Stephen King. Now I have 2 great authors I can read with lots of enthusiasm!!!
DakotaA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dakotaa.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by DakotaA »

I've just finished the book myself. I agree with your review entirely, even though the version I read had the grammatical errors rectified. I really wanted to like the book, however I found myself not being able to connect with Jaime.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on reading the second book? I noticed it is available on Kindle Unlimited but am personally leaning on giving it a miss. I would be curious to know if you, or anyone else, has read it and would recommend it to someone who didn't connect well to the first book.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

DakotaA wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 13:57 I've just finished the book myself. I agree with your review entirely, even though the version I read had the grammatical errors rectified. I really wanted to like the book, however I found myself not being able to connect with Jaime.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on reading the second book? I noticed it is available on Kindle Unlimited but am personally leaning on giving it a miss. I would be curious to know if you, or anyone else, has read it and would recommend it to someone who didn't connect well to the first book.
Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts about the book! I checked out the sequel that you mentioned, and yes, I do plan on reading it. I am curious to see how Jaime will deal with her...uh...condition (for want of a better word) at the end of book one. I'd also like to find out whether the timeline issues were addressed in the next one. However, like you, I'd also like to hear any opinions from anyone who has read book 2. If you decide to give it a shot and get to read it first, I would love to hear what you thought about it.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”